New Atheist Here! Welcome me! :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2013, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2013 07:15 PM by smoothcriminal.)
RE: New Atheist Here! Welcome me! :)
welcome! that's pretty neat that you have a rescue Smile we need more people like you in the world... I have 4 babies in the house and 13 or more stray cats outside that i feed.. I'm notorious for bringing animals home with me lol my husband gets so mad but I just can't stand them not having food or water but anyways welcome to the group the people here are pretty awesome!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2013, 07:10 PM
(04-11-2013 07:03 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on being strong enough to keep looking for answers. Will we ever have all the answers? I doubt it. But what's the point in not looking for them?

I love animals!

I love that... "But what's the point in not looking for them?" I completely agree. Animal life seems to be a common sentiment among atheists. I see Christians who attend church every single Sunday but yet, we have to rescue their animals from their own neglect. Sad. Nice to meet you!

Saving just one animal won't change the world... but it will change the world for that one animal.
04-11-2013, 07:45 PM
(04-11-2013 07:05 PM)smoothcriminal Wrote:  welcome! that's pretty neat that you have a rescue Smile we need more people like you in the world... I have 4 babies in the house and 13 or more stray cats outside that i feed.. I'm notorious for bringing animals home with me lol my husband gets so mad but I just can't stand them not having food or water but anyways welcome to the group the people here are pretty awesome!

How precious are you! We so appreciate that you're taking care of those ferals. It's not their fault that they're ferals... it's human fault. All need to eat regardless of their status! You tell your husband that your destiny is determined by how you treat the helpless animals of this world. And, get on board buddy! LOL! If you believe in Karma, you believe in feeding the less fortunate. Furry friends and humans as well.

Thanks for the welcome! So far, I'm very much enjoying this forum with people who are of similar beliefs. Very refreshing. I've been sharing all of these conversations with my husband tonight and he's also enjoying! (Shhh, he's still Christian! LOL!)

Saving just one animal won't change the world... but it will change the world for that one animal.
[+] 1 user Likes ShanzShack Rescue's post
04-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Welcome welcome!!

I love your positive attitude, and that you work with animals! I wish I could, but it don't think I'm strong enough, it would tear me apart, so I take care of my critters as best I can, and show them lots of love, thank you for doing what I can't!
04-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Aww, thank you so much for the compliment! You ARE strong enough because you're already doing it for your own! It does tear us apart. No doubt. However, their well being is more important than what we have to endure. When we take in an incredibly ill or abused or neglected animal and then rehabilitate them, the rewards are astounding. You take pride in what you're already doing! Kudos sweetie!

[+] 1 user Likes ShanzShack Rescue's post
05-11-2013, 05:59 AM
(04-11-2013 08:04 PM)ShanzShack Rescue Wrote:  Aww, thank you so much for the compliment! You ARE strong enough because you're already doing it for your own! It does tear us apart. No doubt. However, their well being is more important than what we have to endure. When we take in an incredibly ill or abused or neglected animal and then rehabilitate them, the rewards are astounding. You take pride in what you're already doing! Kudos sweetie!

Welcome.

My cats are all rescues. My avatar is one of them.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-11-2013, 06:05 AM
My puppy has been trying to rescue me. So far he has failed. Weeping
Hi. Welcome.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Welcome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-11-2013, 06:48 AM
(04-11-2013 07:05 PM)smoothcriminal Wrote:  ...
my husband gets so mad

He is obviously a mean, horrible and thoroughly despicable excuse for a human being.

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Welcome to the asylum...I mean forum Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post