New Atheist at work

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2014, 01:11 PM
New Atheist at work
So I just recently started working with a company doing IT support. It's fun and I'm enjoying the work, appreciate the money too Smile. I heard a rumor of another heathen works here as well. It's encouraging, and relieving. Knowing you're not the only person. I guess I should also mention I'm in the bible belt, so it's not entirely that often you run into another atheist. Can't wait to find out who it is. Shocking
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Skvasir's post
10-01-2014, 01:15 PM
RE: New Atheist at work
In IT support, don't forget that you have to make sacrifices to the server gods.

And make sure that you don't talk about replacing a server when you are in the server room. They are listening.

[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
10-01-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm in the Bible belt too. Good luck with your fellow heathen at work. But, if that doesn't work out for you, there are plenty of us here!
[+] 2 users Like Ameron1963's post
10-01-2014, 01:35 PM
You're lucky, many atheists don't have fellow atheists to work with. I was stuck in a kitchen with bible thumping Southern baptists who blasted gospel music for three hours every sunday. UGGGGGGGG. Raise a peep to them and they act like you murdered their family.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
10-01-2014, 02:08 PM
I mentioned my lack of godliness in my previous work, and everyone from that point on referred to me as crazy. I was ostracized almost immediately, "Yeah, I'm an atheist." "Oh, so your just dumb and crazy". Whoops, not gonna do that for a while.
10-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by the "Bible belt"? I'm assuming southern states? Consider

Atir aissom atir imon
10-01-2014, 02:30 PM
(10-01-2014 02:18 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by the "Bible belt"? I'm assuming southern states? Consider

Yeah, pretty much all the southern states. I would even say any state that has more churches than they have restaurants.
10-01-2014, 02:49 PM
(10-01-2014 02:30 PM)Skvasir Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 02:18 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by the "Bible belt"? I'm assuming southern states? Consider

Yeah, pretty much all the southern states. I would even say any state that has more churches than they have restaurants.

Ok fair enough... and lol, who needs food when you have the body of Christ right? Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 3 users Like Im_Ryan's post
10-01-2014, 03:17 PM
(10-01-2014 02:49 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 02:30 PM)Skvasir Wrote:  Yeah, pretty much all the southern states. I would even say any state that has more churches than they have restaurants.

Ok fair enough... and lol, who needs food when you have the body of Christ right? Laugh out load

I'm sorry, but as a southern baptist I don't remember my jesus crackers being that filling. That grape juice was a little lacking too. I really shouldn't complain about free food.
[+] 1 user Likes Skvasir's post
10-01-2014, 03:24 PM
(10-01-2014 03:17 PM)Skvasir Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 02:49 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Ok fair enough... and lol, who needs food when you have the body of Christ right? Laugh out load

I'm sorry, but as a southern baptist I don't remember my jesus crackers being that filling. That grape juice was a little lacking too. I really shouldn't complain about free food.

Dude, just use the infinite bread and wine hack. Duh, you obviously didn't get to a very high Baptist level.
(you unlock it after the 3rd level of indoctrination)

Yes, yes I'm very bored right now. Banana_zorro

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post