New Beauty Trend Has People Putting Pee On Their Face

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2016, 03:44 AM
RE: New Beauty Trend Has People Putting Pee On Their Face
sure, because it is always good to put pee on your face, after all, it's just liquid full off stuff that your body has rejected first...Same goes for those who drink their own pee in the morning "my body rejected that, why not drink it again" Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2016, 03:56 AM
(17-10-2016 03:44 AM)Sturm Wrote:  sure, because it is always good to put pee on your face, after all, it's just liquid full off stuff that your body has rejected first...Same goes for those who drink their own pee in the morning "my body rejected that, why not drink it again" Hobo

Pee degrades into nitrates (saltpetre was made ftom pee to start with, a bishop's pee was supposed to make extra powerful gunpowder!). Ammonia is also a product and is a powerfull degreasant, used in the cleaning and tanning of leather. I used to degrease my work clothes with it.

Soap is a skin degreasant as well. Too much use of degreasants can actually cause over oily skin. This is why I only use soap every other day now I am not working, plain warm water between.

But, for a short while a face full of nitrates might cleanse and degrease . . . long term?

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
17-10-2016, 04:23 AM
I'd rather be pissed off than pissed on. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
17-10-2016, 04:27 AM
too
many
details,
guys
Shocking

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
17-10-2016, 04:30 AM
(17-10-2016 04:27 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  too
many
details,
guys
Shocking

oh you poor thing.... don't worry they'll be posting even more details soon Thumbsup
17-10-2016, 04:46 AM
(17-10-2016 03:56 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Pee degrades into nitrates (saltpetre was made ftom pee to start with, a bishop's pee was supposed to make extra powerful gunpowder!). Ammonia is also a product and is a powerfull degreasant, used in the cleaning and tanning of leather. I used to degrease my work clothes with it.

Yes, but I'm not even sure they put pee on their face just for the ammonia (while not use ammonia instead then ? that would be a better solution to degrease without the other compounds like uric acid, etc). I think people are doing it, only because other people are doing it, without any idea of why it would work, and just convincing themselves that it works. Or maybe it works a few days to degrease as you said and that's why they are so convinced it works ; I would be more worried about the effect of the other compounds, especially when they claim it can help for eczema (I have a kind of facial eczema, and anything that is a bit aggressive for my skin, any compound that my skin in not used to makes matter worse). For me, if my kidneys decided to get rid of it, I would rather not put it on my face (and I'm definitely not trying this to have confirmation on that) !!
17-10-2016, 05:16 AM
(17-10-2016 04:46 AM)Sturm Wrote:  
(17-10-2016 03:56 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Pee degrades into nitrates (saltpetre was made ftom pee to start with, a bishop's pee was supposed to make extra powerful gunpowder!). Ammonia is also a product and is a powerfull degreasant, used in the cleaning and tanning of leather. I used to degrease my work clothes with it.

Yes, but I'm not even sure they put pee on their face just for the ammonia (while not use ammonia instead then ? that would be a better solution to degrease without the other compounds like uric acid, etc). I think people are doing it, only because other people are doing it, without any idea of why it would work, and just convincing themselves that it works. Or maybe it works a few days to degrease as you said and that's why they are so convinced it works ; I would be more worried about the effect of the other compounds, especially when they claim it can help for eczema (I have a kind of facial eczema, and anything that is a bit aggressive for my skin, any compound that my skin in not used to makes matter worse). For me, if my kidneys decided to get rid of it, I would rather not put it on my face (and I'm definitely not trying this to have confirmation on that) !!

Not saying that the users are working out the chemistry and biology, but there bus probably a commercial angle to this and that will use any fashion or gimmick to make money.

Like the recipe for many things, water becomes "aqua", scent becomes "parfum" etc. Not sure what they would call per but...

Straight ammonia gives people breathing problems, per left too long stinks the same, get it at the right "degreasant" but not too smelly" pont and you are onto a slightly naughty application.

Whilst looking for something slightly different I found this,

Quote:Urine Can Soften Your Skin

Fact. It's not urine per se, but a synthetic version of urea, a major component of urine, is used in many moisturizers for its skin-softening properties. Urea helps skin retain its natural moisture and can also exfoliate dead skin in higher concentrations. It’s also a common ingredient in athlete’s foot treatments, which may explain why, way back in 1994, Madonna famously told David Letterman that she urinated on her feet in the shower to get rid of athlete’s foot. But according to the web site The Straight Dope, there isn’t enough urea in urine to make a real difference in clearing up the pesky foot fungus.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/healthy-li...ne.aspx#07

So, degreasant and softner with a touch of naughtiness?

Whether urine can be used to cleanse a serious wound when there is no clean water available seems still contdntious but, in the RAF we were told that in say, the jungle or in fields where animals had been crapping, peeing on serious wounds was a better option than leaving them dirty.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
17-10-2016, 09:10 AM
(17-10-2016 05:16 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(17-10-2016 04:46 AM)Sturm Wrote:  Yes, but I'm not even sure they put pee on their face just for the ammonia (while not use ammonia instead then ? that would be a better solution to degrease without the other compounds like uric acid, etc). I think people are doing it, only because other people are doing it, without any idea of why it would work, and just convincing themselves that it works. Or maybe it works a few days to degrease as you said and that's why they are so convinced it works ; I would be more worried about the effect of the other compounds, especially when they claim it can help for eczema (I have a kind of facial eczema, and anything that is a bit aggressive for my skin, any compound that my skin in not used to makes matter worse). For me, if my kidneys decided to get rid of it, I would rather not put it on my face (and I'm definitely not trying this to have confirmation on that) !!

Not saying that the users are working out the chemistry and biology, but there bus probably a commercial angle to this and that will use any fashion or gimmick to make money.

Like the recipe for many things, water becomes "aqua", scent becomes "parfum" etc. Not sure what they would call per but...

Straight ammonia gives people breathing problems, per left too long stinks the same, get it at the right "degreasant" but not too smelly" pont and you are onto a slightly naughty application.

Whilst looking for something slightly different I found this,

Quote:Urine Can Soften Your Skin

Fact. It's not urine per se, but a synthetic version of urea, a major component of urine, is used in many moisturizers for its skin-softening properties. Urea helps skin retain its natural moisture and can also exfoliate dead skin in higher concentrations. It’s also a common ingredient in athlete’s foot treatments, which may explain why, way back in 1994, Madonna famously told David Letterman that she urinated on her feet in the shower to get rid of athlete’s foot. But according to the web site The Straight Dope, there isn’t enough urea in urine to make a real difference in clearing up the pesky foot fungus.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/healthy-li...ne.aspx#07

So, degreasant and softner with a touch of naughtiness?

Whether urine can be used to cleanse a serious wound when there is no clean water available seems still contdntious but, in the RAF we were told that in say, the jungle or in fields where animals had been crapping, peeing on serious wounds was a better option than leaving them dirty.

In the case where people have intestines hanging out or exposed, urinating on them keeps them moist if no other source is available. If the intestines dry out, they die. At least the exposed part(s) may.
17-10-2016, 09:48 AM
I know that it's pretty old fade to use urine to make your hair look healthier... not that I am willing to try it.
17-10-2016, 11:54 AM
(17-10-2016 05:16 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  Not saying that the users are working out the chemistry and biology, but there bus probably a commercial angle to this and that will use any fashion or gimmick to make money.

Yes, give them some time and they will come up with a commercial name. Except if they want to surf on the "natural products" trend (you know, like "everything natural is healthy, pee is natural, so pee is healthy"), then they will probably still call it pee !
I like natural products, I use a lot of natural products, but it's crazy how commercial this trend has become

(17-10-2016 09:10 AM)Fireball Wrote:  In the case where people have intestines hanging out or exposed, urinating on them keeps them moist if no other source is available. If the intestines dry out, they die. At least the exposed part(s) may.
The ironie is that people who put pee on their face probably don't know about that and would die under such circumstances
[+] 1 user Likes Sturm's post