New Book - Beyond Her

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2016, 08:00 PM
New Book - Beyond Her
I had written a good 28 pages of my new book and it wasn't bad, but I've decided to scrap it all and start over with something new.

I'm going to create an ideal world from right around the 1990's era. An alternative earth with one super powered woman who is living her ideal life on an ideal world. The tech side needs to be lower because of an asteroid (world killer event) is on its way.

This girl (age 25-30) will have her perfect job as a consultant to major companies around the world. She's genius level intellect who has a great family, money isn't an issue and then she develops super powers. She has someone she loves and life is pretty damn good. She has fame, respect, honor, integrity and heroism.

So my question to you all.
What is your ideal life ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2016, 11:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2016 06:52 AM by DLJ.)
RE: New Book - Beyond Her
... to be that person whom she loves.

Wink

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-07-2016, 06:31 AM
The ideal world didn't work out, so I went back to the original. In an ideal world, there is no conflict, not much going on, no real need for a super hero.

The original has more complexity, more drama, more character background and it's more enjoyable to write.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
24-07-2016, 07:23 AM
At work.

Hug

Heart

Power to you and it's great to read about your writing.

Thumbsup
27-07-2016, 07:42 AM
I find it rather interesting how the process can be so fluid, changing quickly, modified by your daily experiences, insights, dreams or talking to strangers over the net.

Everything around me will affect this book, page by page. Even DLJ's comment made me think about a more serious love interest than I originally intended and a whole new chapter could be born from that one comment.

It makes me wonder about the people that inspired Shakespeare.

[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
10-09-2016, 06:27 AM
In this book, set in a small town in the 1950's, a young black girl (Vyona) is the first to attend school in a small racist town. She's not THE first in the country, but still very significant.

Vyona has an aunt named Ruby and Ruby is a red bone Creole woman who is the rock of the family.

Today I read about Ruby Bridges, a little girl in the 1960's who was the first black child to attend an elementary school in Louisiana.

I had never heard of Ruby Bridges, nor her story, but I do find it fascinating that my character named Ruby is closely associated with the same kind of event and her Creole background would place her growing up in a Louisiana type of place.

As writers, have you ever written something and then later on discovered that those events closely match things that have happened in real life ?

[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
10-09-2016, 07:11 AM
Quote:As writers, have you ever written something and then later on discovered that those events closely match things that have happened in real life ?
Added: real life is posdibly the best source of reality if a book needs it!

I am happy writing shortish articles, especially explaining science or tech in everday language.

I did make one attempt at a book,"future-fiction" type, but found that I was unconciously incorporating elements from books that I had read. With nothing original to offer I gave up.

Though, in this self-publishing eworld, I am finding some writers are simply revamping their own stories, adding very little new stuff, to keep their output going.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
04-10-2016, 04:08 PM
New book is moving along at a snail's pace. (Sigh)

When my first book got bogged down, I ended up scrapping the concept and began to write for enjoyment versus a specific direction & content.

I fear I might have to do the same thing here.

04-10-2016, 10:03 PM
Hug