New Boston Dynamics Robot - SpotMini

It can put stuff in the dishwasher.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
23-06-2016, 06:49 PM
RE: New Boston Dynamics Robot - SpotMini
Pretty Cool.

Its going to make dogs and cats obsolete.
24-06-2016, 12:55 PM
love the out take.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
24-06-2016, 05:47 PM
It takes some real software and feedback control to make that thing walk around in a circle while keeping its head in a single (except for the rotation around it orienting the direction) spot. Anyone else kind of creeped- out to see a machine move like live meat?
24-06-2016, 07:08 PM
I for one welcome our new robotic overlords.

Working there would be amazingly cool and the nightmares it would engender would be terrifying.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
24-06-2016, 07:16 PM
In the mid-'80s, I worked in machine control for awhile. We used a language called Forth (in a couple of different flavors). I haven't written any of it since. We would do things that now seem like child's play.
25-06-2016, 01:37 AM
(24-06-2016 05:47 PM)Fireball Wrote:  It takes some real software and feedback control to make that thing walk around in a circle while keeping its head in a single (except for the rotation around it orienting the direction) spot. Anyone else kind of creeped- out to see a machine move like live meat?
Example of a meat based machine doing the same thing.

[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
25-06-2016, 01:53 AM
Boston Dynamics is an amazing tech company. Their robots are scientific marvels.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
25-06-2016, 01:58 AM
(25-06-2016 01:53 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Boston Dynamics is an amazing tech company. Their robots are scientific marvels.

Google bought them and then sold them off after that last Atlas video came out. It creeped too many people out.

The world is going to change in a big way in the next 20 years. What you see in these videos will become ubiquitous.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
25-06-2016, 02:41 AM
(25-06-2016 01:58 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Google bought them and then sold them off after that last Atlas video came out. It creeped too many people out.

The world is going to change in a big way in the next 20 years. What you see in these videos will become ubiquitous.
We are very lucky to have been born at just the right time to experience the rise of humanoid robots and other ingenious technologies like it (e.g. commercial and industrial drones). Amazon, for instance, is already testing various drone prototypes that would be able to deliver packages to people in a completely new way. I hope that we will live long enough to witness the creation of a true AI. That would be the ultimate fulfillment of my passion for technology, I would probably break down in tears.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post