New Cat!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 11:43 PM
New Cat!!
Okay, she is more like a kitten. Super coolest cat ever. Is great with young kids. She just flops over like a rag doll when they hold her, or lay with her. We named her JoJo. She always has this "Gear God, please help me look" when my girls are holding her too tight, hugging her, and doing what little kids do to cats. She was free. I still have to get her spayed. She is an orange tabby. Did you know female orange tabby's are kind of rare?Huh

What the funny part is, I got a cat yesterday for free too. But this cat was a total bitch and would hiss and scratch me. She still is tame enough to pet, but if you try to hold her she freaks. I made a collar with put name and address on it. Originally, her name was Annabelle, but now JoJo is wearing Annabelle collar because Annabelle would not let me touch her long enough to put it around her neck. Now she lives outside in my backyard, and I feel like I still have an obligation to feed her.

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like CaffinatedPuppy's post
23-06-2013, 11:55 PM
RE: New Cat!!
(23-06-2013 11:43 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  Okay, she is more like a kitten. Super coolest cat ever. Is great with young kids. She just flops over like a rag doll when they hold her, or lay with her. We named her JoJo. She always has this "Gear God, please help me look" when my girls are holding her too tight, hugging her, and doing what little kids do to cats. She was free. I still have to get her spayed. She is an orange tabby. Did you know female orange tabby's are kind of rare?Huh

What the funny part is, I got a cat yesterday for free too. But this cat was a total bitch and would hiss and scratch me. She still is tame enough to pet, but if you try to hold her she freaks. I made a collar with put name and address on it. Originally, her name was Annabelle, but now JoJo is wearing Annabelle collar because Annabelle would not let me touch her long enough to put it around her neck. Now she lives outside in my backyard, and I feel like I still have an obligation to feed her.

Congratulations.

I still hate cats though.Drinking Beverage

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
24-06-2013, 07:14 AM
(23-06-2013 11:43 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  Okay, she is more like a kitten. Super coolest cat ever. She is an orange tabby. Did you know female orange tabby's are kind of rare?Huh

Aw...way cool! Smile I didn't know orange tabby's were rare. We had 5 of them when I was growing up. Great cats.

I have 2 now - a brown tabby and a tortoiseshell. She will change your life forever. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes WhiteRaven's post
24-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Annabelle may just need time to settle in. I find most cats take several days to adjust new homes. You could try giving her one area as her own and increase the area each day if you'd rather not have he outdoors.

Our last rescue cat took 3 or 4 days to settle and adjust to our other cat. After that everything was fine. Good luck Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
24-06-2013, 08:33 AM
My husband was taking care of a group of feral cats and I have taken that on now. They have gotten used to me and show up at feeding time. I feed them in the evening in an old trailer and when they are all in eating I lock them in for the night - partially because the raccoons will get them, and partially to help preserve the wild bird population here which I enjoy. Then I let them out in the morning.

One lets me touch his tail. The others come close, within reach, but step back if I reach towards them, always keeping the same distance. One always hides. They are all fixed. When hubby decided to care for them, they were a litter of feral kittens, completely emaciated and hissing constantly. He had to catch them with a fishing net to get them to the vet to get fixed.

Re. orange tabbies - it's a sex linked gene. So you have almost all males.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
24-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Oooooooooohhhh, Da Kitty!!

Post pix of the furball, por favor.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
24-06-2013, 08:49 AM
KITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!! POST PICCCCCCCCCS!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
24-06-2013, 04:32 PM
It is (or should be) a grievous violation of forum (and internet in general) rules to post and brag about a new kitten and NOT POST PHOTOS!!

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 3 users Like Caveman's post
24-06-2013, 04:36 PM
(24-06-2013 04:32 PM)Caveman Wrote:  It is (or should be) a grievous violation of forum (and internet in general) rules to post and brag about a new kitten and NOT POST PHOTOS!!

I move we make it a banning offense. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-06-2013, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2013 05:59 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
(24-06-2013 04:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 04:32 PM)Caveman Wrote:  It is (or should be) a grievous violation of forum (and internet in general) rules to post and brag about a new kitten and NOT POST PHOTOS!!

I move we make it a banning offense. Drinking Beverage

Provided it is of a cat, not the other kind of pussy.

[Image: December-04-2011-19-42-05-idontseetheresemblance.jpeg]

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post