New Cat!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: New Cat!!
Annabelle is in our house now too. She is very igh strung compared to JoJo, the other cat. Right now, they are following eachother around. I think they will get along fine. My husband, on the other hand.....

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2013, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2013 02:03 PM by yumeji.)
(25-06-2013 01:18 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  Annabelle is in our house now too. She is very igh strung compared to JoJo, the other cat. Right now, they are following eachother around. I think they will get along fine. My husband, on the other hand.....

Why do you continue to violate the rules of the internet and not post pictures!

You're just being mean now...

[Image: 0.jpg]

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like yumeji's post
25-06-2013, 03:57 PM
(24-06-2013 05:56 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(24-06-2013 04:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  I move we make it a banning offense. Drinking Beverage

Provided it is of a cat, not the other kind of pussy.

[Image: December-04-2011-19-42-05-idontseetheresemblance.jpeg]

Why? That would be discriminating, right?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
26-06-2013, 10:52 AM
I haven't uploaded them I my computer yer. Coming to a thread near you. (yea that was cheesy) What's also funny, is that my husband is the only man in the house. I have 3 young girls, and now 2 female cats.

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
[+] 1 user Likes CaffinatedPuppy's post
18-07-2013, 03:55 PM
You do, ofcourse, realise I'm not letting this go, right?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
18-07-2013, 05:09 PM
(23-06-2013 11:43 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  Okay, she is more like a kitten. Super coolest cat ever. Is great with young kids. She just flops over like a rag doll when they hold her, or lay with her. We named her JoJo. She always has this "Gear God, please help me look" when my girls are holding her too tight, hugging her, and doing what little kids do to cats. She was free. I still have to get her spayed. She is an orange tabby. Did you know female orange tabby's are kind of rare?Huh

What the funny part is, I got a cat yesterday for free too. But this cat was a total bitch and would hiss and scratch me. She still is tame enough to pet, but if you try to hold her she freaks. I made a collar with put name and address on it. Originally, her name was Annabelle, but now JoJo is wearing Annabelle collar because Annabelle would not let me touch her long enough to put it around her neck. Now she lives outside in my backyard, and I feel like I still have an obligation to feed her.

The genetics of cat coat color is many much fun. Several of the color-determining genes are sex-linked, and the gene that codes for orange/black is one of them. This gene is located on the X chromosome and has two alleles, represented as O for orange, and o for black; O is dominant over o, as denoted by the upper- and lower-case letters.

Were O/o autosomal (not sex-linked), one would expect that a cat that was heterozygous for O would be orange. In males, this is true because the male has only one X chromosome, and therefore one allele of O. In females, this very often does not happen because of a phenomenon called X-inactivation. Early in embryonic development, one of the X chromosomes curls up into what is known as a Barr body, preventing expression of any of the alleles on that X. The inactivation is random, so the female has a mosaic of active alleles of each type. This results in a tortoisehell or calico cat, depending upon the alleles present on the white-spotting gene. A female cat will be orange only if she is homozygous for o, in which case there will always be an o to express.

Having mentioned tortoiseshell and calico cats, it is possible to have a male calico/tortoiseshell, but this will happen only if said cat is a Kleinfelter male (XXY), and this aneuploidy is extremely rare.

That said, POST THE DAMNED KITTEN PICTURES, ALREADY! Smile

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like dclarion's post
18-07-2013, 06:58 PM
(25-06-2013 01:49 PM)yumeji Wrote:  
(25-06-2013 01:18 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  Annabelle is in our house now too. She is very igh strung compared to JoJo, the other cat. Right now, they are following eachother around. I think they will get along fine. My husband, on the other hand.....

Why do you continue to violate the rules of the internet and not post pictures!

You're just being mean now...

[Image: 0.jpg]

Cats kan haz cheezburgers?

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
19-07-2013, 12:35 AM
More like: We can has catburgers?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
19-07-2013, 05:58 PM
here they are. finally.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[+] 3 users Like CaffinatedPuppy's post
19-07-2013, 07:38 PM
(19-07-2013 05:58 PM)CaffinatedPuppy Wrote:  here they are. finally.

This is just dripping with Cute Yes

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user