New Computer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2012, 09:26 PM
New Computer
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/iBu...oduct.html
Here is the new computer I will hopefully be getting soon. My mom has 20% off certficate on any product at that site so that is why I am at overstock.
Can anyone tell me if there is some major flaw with it? I am a novice at such things that deal with the hardware of the computer.

Under Repair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
11-06-2012, 09:30 PM
RE: New Computer
Make sure it has a cup-holder.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
12-06-2012, 02:13 AM
OK, first the name is wrong, this is not a Gaming Computer, they are lying.

8GB of RAM is slightly overkill, yet the thing that is most important for games is too slow and old. Graphic card ATI 6450 is not a gaming graphics, but a cheap ass multimedia graphic. This is what people say online about it:

"Good for everything BUT gaming. Shitty and low-end for gaming purposes."

Also, the power supply is only 480W and since you are buying a new computer, it should never be under 550W.

Then, this computer has original Win7 and that is good if you want to have original Win7 and pay around 100$ for it. If you have nice friends like me, you can get that for free, but that is stealing and is punishable by law. If anyone can ever catch you. Or me. Smile

Then the case, it looks nice and cool, but I am afraid it also costs too much for a computer like this one. The case is the last thing you want to spend your money, buy the cheapest one if you do not have money to spend and get a better graphic card. You should see how my computer looks like, you wouldn't even throw it in the garbage, yet it is still great and works perfectly.

It even comes without a monitor? I'm sorry, but this all looks too expensive. Tell you what, look for the components from some other site, ore use this one. If you want I can give you a hand, but you need to give me links of some web-shops, because I live far, far away from you. Maybe this 20% discount is worse than some other shop with 0% discount.

Holly shit, even the motherboard is old and crappy, it has only 4 USB 2.0 ports ann NO USB 3.0 ports.

Too old, too slow, but at least it is too expensive. Doesn't even have a floppy...

Big Grin

My suggestion is never go with brand names, these already put-together computers, but choose your own parts, one by one. For the price of 600$ I can get you a better computer in Croatia, and I am 100% sure you have better prices and better hardware where you live.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
12-06-2012, 08:22 AM
(11-06-2012 09:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Make sure it has a cup-holder.
Yes those are usually located on the top in a slide out tray. You press the "CD"(Cup-holder Drawer) button and the cup holder will slide out. Usually good for a load capacity between 4-5 lbs. If you put a big cup of coffee on it and it breaks off you know it was a cheap one, and you should go get your money back.
[+] 3 users Like Superluminal's post
18-06-2012, 02:14 AM
Anything new here? Moo?

-Hunter S. Thompson
18-06-2012, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2012 06:04 AM by Chas.)
(11-06-2012 09:26 PM)itsacow Wrote:  http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/iBu...oduct.html
Here is the new computer I will hopefully be getting soon. My mom has 20% off certficate on any product at that site so that is why I am at overstock.
Can anyone tell me if there is some major flaw with it? I am a novice at such things that deal with the hardware of the computer.
The price is only OK; it doesn't have USB 3.0 which will be important.

Try http://www.microcenter.com for good deals.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2012, 02:02 AM
Moo? Moo, moo?

-Hunter S. Thompson
21-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Yea, I have decided to hold off until I have enough money for a quality computer. Thanks Filox... Moo!

Under Repair.
21-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Dude, build your own.......I own my own PC business and build PC's every week. Those video's and the forum will be enough for you to do it yourself!

http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/727951.aspx
[+] 1 user Likes Flying Spaghetti Monster's post
22-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I think that with that money you have, you can find a better computer than the one you wanted. With only a little bit more money it would be even better.

-Hunter S. Thompson