New Computer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2012, 02:32 PM
RE: New Computer
Filox, here's where you're wrong.

-If the hardware in the system's power demends do not exceed 480w of power usage, it doesn't need 550.
-USB3.0 is brand new and barely anything makes proper use of it yet'
-Then there's the videocard, the reviewers are never satisfied and hey try to rub that off on the customers. Whenever a new series 4xxx, 5xxx, 6xxx comes out the standards move up.
Example: If a site does 4-6 tests a year and use standards in January at 1920x1080, 8xAA and 60fps, the card will just not, or barely reach it. Then in say March or April a new card comes out and does reach these numbers then those numbers aren't high enough anymore and the card isn't acceptable anymore.
My point: not everyone plays the games at 100% full settings and a 6xxx card will do just fine.

The price is below market average, have fun with it.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
22-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Yes, but when you spend money on a computer, you want it to be at least a little bit future proof. That is why minimum of 550W, usb3.0 and a bit stronger graphics. Future proofing is very important when you are spending money on new things.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
23-06-2012, 12:37 AM
I have to agree with Filox. The computer would meet my needs now, but I hope it will last 3-4 years(partially through college to cut unneccesary expenses).

Under Repair.
23-06-2012, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2012 07:08 AM by Caveman.)
I explained the wattage in my last post.
You would only need a bigger power supply if you were to add more components.

The biggest question is, what are you going to use it for? I'm pretty confident that you can use this for a couple of years for everything from graphic design to gaming.

There's a lot of underestimating longevity of parts, it's a sales strategy. These components won't melt down from the new software in 1 year. They'll be just fine.
If you maintain the software properly (I anually reinstall Windows, run Ccleaner an Defraggler bi-monthly) you can make it last 5 years easy.
Also carefully vacuumclean it now and then.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
23-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Money troubles have prevented me from getting the computer. So It will probably be another month. Shit.

Under Repair.
24-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Now that we are on the topic of computers. How much cheaper is it to make a computer yourself?
24-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Not too much cheaper, but you can save some money if you know what you are looking for and if you take a look at a few stores. One may have cheaper graphic card you want, some other shop can have something else. Also, there are sales on certain products usually. This all takes a bit of time, but it does save you some money.

As for the computer that was mentioned here, that graphic card is really a low-end card. It was not good when it came out, it is not good now, it is one cheap graphic, good for multimedia only. If a person needs it for multimedia, it is a great card, if you plan on playing newer games, it is a waste of money. With a better card comes a better PSU.

There.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gory Itailian Doom-wad with anti-religious themes + Atheist with computer = Awesome ELK12695 8 452 12-11-2013 12:38 PM
Last Post: DemonicLemon
  What was your 1st computer and the games you played. justmetoo 78 3,344 10-01-2013 10:20 AM
Last Post: riseinside
  What are your all-time five favorite computer/ console games? Fear Culture 52 2,647 21-08-2012 03:01 PM
Last Post: Ghost0fBanquo
  Trolling on computer games. bemore 47 2,842 10-08-2012 09:55 AM
Last Post: TheCynicalOptimist