New Conan anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2011, 06:48 AM
New Conan anyone?
So, how do you like this new Conan, if can even call him that? I think it's more Prince Of Persia than Conan and I'll tell you why. You all think that the muscles are the key, but not really, although he misses 200% more muscles.

This Momoa guy does not have the veins like Conan!!

Original Conan - comic:

[Image: image1conan.jpg]

The Original Conan - movie:

[Image: conanthebarbarianarnold.jpg]

This new Hollywood metrosexual Conan:

[Image: tumblrl5sa7pzmbb1qcbmz6.jpg]

Where are the muscles and the veins? This is no Conan!

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2011, 09:09 AM
RE: New Conan anyone?
Dude like, that new conan has plenty of muscles. You're totally right about the veins though. Way to drop the ball movie studio.
Have you seen the movie? I haven't and probably won't. It didn't come across very Conan ish in the ads. He needs more whores and blood. The original Conan was a womanizer and a bloodthirsty adventurer.
[Image: conan_saviorS.jpg]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-12-2011, 10:14 AM
He looks more like that silly Kevin Sorbo Hercules.

I was kind of interested in seeing a new Conan, but just from the initial shots I've seen, I probably won't see it in the theater.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
19-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Fuck the veins...
I want to see the double-ended axe (labris). (Did you know this kinda makes a terrible weapon? Although it splits the skull, It tends to get stuck inside, which kinda sucks when there are multiple enemy’s")

Btw... have you seen "conan - the musical" yet Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 2 users Like Observer's post
19-12-2011, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 19-12-2011 05:16 PM by Erxomai.)
(19-12-2011 01:37 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Btw... have you seen "conan - the musical" yet Smile

This. Is. Epic.
That damn song is stuck in my head now.

Hear the lamentations of the women!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-12-2011, 07:14 PM
(19-12-2011 06:48 AM)Filox Wrote:  Where are the muscles and the veins? This is no Conan!

Simple. Dude didn't take as many androgenic anabolic steroids as Arnold. ... but I mean really, who could?

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
20-12-2011, 03:37 AM
GirlyMan, we are talking about CONAN. The strongest man in all of Cimeria, there was only one that was stronger than Conan, his black friend whose name eludes me for the moment. NONE IS STRONGER THAN CONAN (except that black guy and he is double the size of Conan). So Conan MUST be huge, enormous, bodybuilding type of muscle. Just look at the comics about Conan, you will see how bodybuilder he looks. That is why Arnold had perfect body, not not the face and hair for Conan, but this guy has good face and hair but terrible slim body for Conan.

As I said, this movie looked more like Prince Of Persia than Conan to me, too much acrobatics and jumping, too little raw power and strength.

And what's the deal with these tinny swords? Both Conans had too small swords for a huge Cimerian warrior. A good question is where are the huge axes and big swords?

My verdict is that this movie sucks balls and is 10 times less entertaining that the original one with Arnold. OK movie to see, but not as a Conan movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
20-12-2011, 03:38 PM
(19-12-2011 05:13 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  That damn song is stuck in my head now.

Hear the lamentations of the women!
EEeexelent...
Now I'm not alone anymore...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
21-12-2011, 02:09 AM
(20-12-2011 03:37 AM)Filox Wrote:  GirlyMan, we are talking about CONAN. The strongest man in all of Cimeria, there was only one that was stronger than Conan, his black friend whose name eludes me for the moment. NONE IS STRONGER THAN CONAN (except that black guy and he is double the size of Conan).

I think his name is Wilt Chamberlain. Big Grin

[Image: wilt-chamberlain-51093001.jpg?__SQUARESP...8111017042]

21-12-2011, 06:40 AM
This is some Hun not Cimerian... Smile

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post