New Gospel of Mary Magdalene Opera

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2013, 12:48 PM
New Gospel of Mary Magdalene Opera
Not much of a fan of Opera but San Francisco is doing a new opera based on the relationship of Jesus and Mary Magdalene. Check out the guy who plays Jesus in the poster for the show.

http://sfopera.com/Season-Tickets/2012-2...alene.aspx

I've never read the Gospel of Mary but plan to soon.

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2013, 01:12 PM
RE: New Gospel of Mary Magdalene Opera
There's not much to it. The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene.... seems there's quite a few pages missing but the last few bits are pretty telling. Those crazy apostles ... just couldn't figure out why Jesus liked Mary more than his boyfriends. Duh. Dodgy Retards

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-06-2013, 01:26 PM
RE: New Gospel of Mary Magdalene Opera
(14-06-2013 01:12 PM)kim Wrote:  There's not much to it. The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene.... seems there's quite a few pages missing but the last few bits are pretty telling. Those crazy apostles ... just couldn't figure out why Jesus liked Mary more than his boyfriends. Duh. Dodgy Retards

Funny.
I would have thought the Gospel of Thomas would go over better "up there".
(114) Simon Peter said to them, "Mary should leave us, for females are not worthy of life." Jesus said, "See, I am going to attract her to make her male so that she too might become a living spirit that resembles you males. For every female (element) that makes itself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."

Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post