New Horizons reaches Pluto

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2015, 03:16 AM
Has anyone else been keeping track of this awesome flyby of Pluto happening this summer?

Who would've thought it'd be a red planet? Good times. I wonder if the probe will get any good shots of the moons. I want to see Charon, but I'm also curious about the other smaller moons.

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/new-horizon...-on-pluto/

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like LaramieHirsch's post
12-07-2015, 03:28 AM
RE: New Horizons reaches Pluto
I think it's still about a day out.

Yah, been watching thr images get better and better for a while.

Awesome job they're doing! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
12-07-2015, 05:26 AM
Whodathunkit?????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-07-2015, 07:57 AM
This app i use keeps great track. From what I can tell the way NH will be coming in is right behind Charon which is why it will be buffered from any craziness floating around. I don't think it will get any pictures other than Pluto and Charon because it is moving so fast and we won't get them until Wednesday (the fly by is Tuesday). It can't transmit pics while it is taking them hence the next day send off. Then it's off into the KB. [Image: 6d1fdb3b58ab2889264086862fbdf33c.jpg]

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 3 users Like Tonechaser77's post
14-07-2015, 03:22 PM
As I passed wintery night in working watchfulness, it was with lofting joy I received news of Man's distant traveller succeeding in its epic goals.

As the images returned revealing true yon rusting hue about far flung orb's demeanor, where in reading science' knowledge of some life's frosting methane exhalations caused.

It is with such thoughts and wonder, preparing as I go to slumber, to hold comfort close the knowledge that past minds -whom also wending into dreaming deeps- perhaps were also briefly touched by some mysteries of Yuggoth bound.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
17-07-2015, 04:31 PM
Has anyone today seen the closeup photo of Sputnik Planum? Take a close look at it.

You'll see that it appears to be an icy plain, with oval-shaped sections, demarcated by subtle lines that separate the different ovals from one another, almost as if they are icebergs that are frozen together. Right now, these features are called troughs, and on the right side of the picture, NASA points out the existence of hills in these troughs.

But take a look at the lower left portion of this photo. You will see black patches within those troughs. In the middle and at the bottom of the photo, they've labeled those black patches as "dark material within troughs."

Now, is it just me, folks, or does that 'dark material' look like little lakes?

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-