New Idea.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2013, 05:36 PM
New Idea.
First apologies to F.S.M. Scott, not my usual mode of attack, re addressing him as a c....
My umpteenth resignation from this forum was an April fools prank as I am sure you would all have realized.

Now, seriously, I would like to contribute only to the philosophy forum on a weekly basis. I see learning as very much based on taking criticisms on board and not feeling overly assured of my own "rightness". I see this trait as endemic in all circles, and while I try to avoid prejudice myself as much as possible; it isn't easy.

A weekly post would mean I had more time for research, on week two I could respond to any criticisms, even (even agreements) and present my new topic.

My background is in philosophy, I know people find me annoying, even other philosophers, but a weekly piece may be best for all, and I believe I can restrict myself thus . TTA is so addictive. I will pursue with what may be a controversial piece fothwith.
Yours Sincerely.
W.Woof.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Mr Woof's post
04-04-2013, 03:00 PM
RE: New Idea.
I can't fault you here. Philosophy requires a great amount of time in order to organize a coherent thought. Take all the time you need. Who know might even contribute.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
05-04-2013, 11:41 AM
Bah, Girly ain't no philosopher (but I was studying to be one before ManlyGirl got all preggo and shit and I realized CompSci might be more practical than Phil, ... it was), but I think the shotgun approach is more useful than the sniper approach. Throw that shit out there and see what sticks instead of targeting specific points.

I like you a lot Woofmeister, but you got thin skin which gets in your way. Girly can't even imagine a scenario where what some punkass kid from New Zealand thinks of me can irk me.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
07-04-2013, 02:03 AM
(05-04-2013 11:41 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Bah, Girly ain't no philosopher (but I was studying to be one before ManlyGirl got all preggo and shit and I realized CompSci might be more practical than Phil, ... it was), but I think the shotgun approach is more useful than the sniper approach. Throw that shit out there and see what sticks instead of targeting specific points.

I like you a lot Woofmeister, but you got thin skin which gets in your way. Girly can't even imagine a scenario where what some punkass kid from New Zealand thinks of me can irk me.

You may not have a Phd in philosophy but you do have an innately philosophical outlook IMO. Working on T/S; dont want to become all callous and creepy though.....Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post