New Infatuation w/ Ghost Peppers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2013, 10:06 PM
RE: New Infatuation w/ Ghost Peppers
(24-09-2013 05:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  I am partial to Cayenne myself. Easy to grow, nice long curly red flames they look like. Yum.

Cayenne always goes in my chicken soup for cold season.

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
25-09-2013, 09:10 AM
I love hot peppers. The ghosts are not for the faint of heart Smile

I used to go to India to train people for my company. When they found out I like hot food they would bring in what seemed to be a never ending parade of dishes and peppers for me to try. For some reason they thought the Thai chili would do me in. They were amazed that I'd eat them.

I've found a place near me with a great Szechuan hot pot and I think they use the ghosts chilis. Once it boils down for a while it's so darn tasty.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
25-09-2013, 09:27 AM
I have a jar of ghost pepper sauce. Only a couple hundred mls, but it has lasted me several years. Normally it's pretty sludgy to it's easy to limit to a drop or two. Except this one time when I ended up with way too much in my curry. I ate it anyway, of course, though it was really an adventure in eating without letting food touch my tongue. That was enough of an endorphin rush I ended up seeing some minor hallucinations...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
25-09-2013, 09:39 AM
A couple years ago I was in a small Indian restaurant in London with a bunch of colleagues.

They talked one guy into trying a super hot dish - I forgot the name. The waiter advised against it, but he did try it.

I thought he was going to die. He turned red as a tomato, couldn't talk, had trouble breathing, the waiter was trying to feed him yoghurt but he couldn't swallow, it was horrible. They finally got some yoghurt into him and two guys grabbed him and transported him outside. 10 minutes later he walked back in without support, but he still could barely talk and he was still red.

Not going to try to eat anything hotter than habanero. That didn't look like fun at all. Shocking

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
25-09-2013, 12:51 PM
I love hot food, but the pain to flavor ratio of ghost peppers is to high for me to really enjoy.

My mom got me some ghost pepper hot sauce for Christmas a couple years ago and like a stupid douche i slathered some beef jerky with it and afterwards felt like I would die.

I think my perfect amount of spiciness is the really hot curry you can get from Thai restaurants. And even then my anus is crying for help the next day.
[+] 2 users Like Shawnzy's post
25-09-2013, 01:55 PM
(25-09-2013 12:51 PM)Shawnzy Wrote:  my anus is crying

Yeah... that made the Quotes Taken Out of Context thread. Laughat

WWMWAZSKDTVQHTMJD?
[+] 3 users Like I Am's post
25-09-2013, 01:59 PM
(25-09-2013 01:55 PM)I Am Wrote:  

How did I miss that? Talk about low hanging fruit.Weeping

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
25-09-2013, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2013 03:03 PM by ridethespiral.)
I try to stay between 30,000 and 100,000 SHU, anything above that needs to be seriously diluted....jalapeños and banana peppers are a joke...Hungarian Wax Peppers are when I start to taste the heat.

Made a killer venison chili with Thai chilis...but my poor, poor ass.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
25-09-2013, 04:31 PM
(24-09-2013 10:04 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(24-09-2013 04:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Forum member and KingsChosen's friend germanyt has. It did not go well. Big Grin

I also like the flavor of habanero and the "milder" Scotch Bonnet better myself.

Habaneros are delicious. I have not tried the things labeled Scotch Bonnets at my local market, because they look the same as habaneros, and cost half again as much. Doesn't seem very Scotch to me. Tongue Are they very different?

Scotch Bonnets do have a different flavor than habaneros. They're traditionally used in Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. Try a jar of this. I can eat it straight from the jar so it ain't all that hot but it is flavorful and hot enough to notice.

[Image: product_jerk-seasoning.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-09-2013, 05:08 PM
(25-09-2013 01:55 PM)I Am Wrote:  

I'm dying right now haha Bowing
[+] 1 user Likes Shawnzy's post