New Jersey train crash

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2016, 08:55 AM
New Jersey train crash
NEW YORK, Sept 29 (Reuters) - Three people were killed and more than 100 people were injured, some of them critically, when a New Jersey Transit train derailed and crashed through the station in Hoboken, New Jersey during the morning rush hour on Thursday, U.S. media and a transit official said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/three-k...smsnnews11

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2016, 08:58 AM
RE: New Jersey train crash
I guess part of the station roof caved in, as well. What a mess. Bet the night janitor will be pissed. Sadcryface

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-09-2016, 09:17 AM
Just heard about it....

That's just fucked up.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

29-09-2016, 09:24 AM
My first thought was terrorism - me thinks the terrorists have me where they want me. Sad

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-09-2016, 09:39 AM
Trains derail all the time - especially this time of year with extreme temperature fluctuations. Track expansion and warp can be sudden and unpredictable.

I've done salvage (for my company) after derailments and they can often differentiate between deliberate and accidental causes pretty early on.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
29-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Looks like the train was going way too fast on it's approach to the station but they are not certain why. The Engineer was injured and taken to hospital but is cooperating.

Here's what Reuters has so far.

I'm sure the roof caving in has complicated rescue attempts, as well as the investigation.

Lots of commuters will be rerouting for a long time with this one. Undecided

29-09-2016, 02:20 PM
(29-09-2016 02:16 PM)kim Wrote:  Looks like the train was going way too fast on it's approach to the station but they are not certain why. The Engineer was injured and taken to hospital but is cooperating.

I'm sure the roof caving in has complicated rescue attempts, as well as the investigation.

likely a source for some of the injuries as well. Looking at those photos you'd be damn lucky to escape injury on the platform.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
29-09-2016, 02:25 PM
(29-09-2016 02:20 PM)skyking Wrote:  
(29-09-2016 02:16 PM)kim Wrote:  Looks like the train was going way too fast on it's approach to the station but they are not certain why. The Engineer was injured and taken to hospital but is cooperating.

likely a source for some of the injuries as well. Looking at those photos you'd be damn lucky to escape injury on the platform.

Yes - I'd be surprised if the one death (so far) was inside the train - it had to be someone on the platform.