New Mad Max?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2015, 06:45 AM
RE: New Mad Max?
(19-05-2015 07:52 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I know The Road Warrior and Mad Max were completely separate movies, and that this might sound retarded, but...

That bad guy with the mohawk? That was his BOYfriend on the back of that bike!

[Image: MADMAX2BLU2.jpg]

He was cool back before it was okay to be gay! At least here in the U.S. That character was probably the biggest influence on my changing of opinion on homosexual people to what it is now from what I was told by the theists surrounding me way back! Blush

Wait, what? He's gay?
[Image: CaJMSWD.jpg]
I don't know about gay, but that's all SORTS of Pimp Shit!!!! Cool

The only logical conclusions left to someone who occasionally critically thinks for themselves is:

A) There must be more than one awesome gay dude who's the shit!
and
B) All these cunts telling me they're all abominations unto the lord should go shove that bible up something sensitive!

Laugh out load Tongue

He did a spoof of the same character in "Weird Science".

Loved it...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2015, 08:44 AM
Should have been called Mad Miss Max. He didn't even give his name until the last minutes of the flick.

Am I the only one that thought it sucked?
27-05-2015, 07:24 AM
Yeah I'm gonna watch this. Mad Max 1 and 2 were amazing at the time and I had to watch all the lousy copycat films like Atlantis Interceptors and The New Barbarians. Mad Max 3 was not too bad either so I'll definately give this new one a look.

Action packed trailer for The New Barbarians!
https://youtu.be/lF1vvUDo_EE

Action packed trailer for Atlantis Interceptors!
https://youtu.be/7s_ilV_cJYc

Awesome films and effects lol
27-05-2015, 07:51 AM
(27-05-2015 07:24 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Mad Max 3 was not too bad either so I'll definitely give this new one a look.

Really? You liked it? I thought Thunderdome sucked pig shit. Although to be fair, Road Warrior was a hard act to follow.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
27-05-2015, 09:48 AM
The first half was brilliant.. The second half of the film Was lousy. But the first half made it a not too bad film lol
[+] 1 user Likes TheStraightener's post
27-05-2015, 03:31 PM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2015 03:37 PM by ghostexorcist.)
(24-05-2015 08:44 AM)H4ym4n Wrote:  Should have been called Mad Miss Max. He didn't even give his name until the last minutes of the flick.

Am I the only one that thought it sucked?

Overall, I thought it was OK. There were things that I absolutely loved about the film, like the car chases, explosions, giant dust storms, and the Nordic-influenced car religion. But there were also things that I didn't like, such as the small amount of dialogue, little to no character development, introducing supposedly important characters late in the game and then quickly killing them off, and the fact that Max was more of a background character. Hardy's version of Max pales in comparison to the original.

Although the author's view of Fury Road is more positive than mine, his general thoughts on the reboot not comparing to the Road Warrior mirrors my own.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/201...fury-road/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-06-2015, 06:16 AM
I just saw it on Saturday and loved the hell out of it. I particularly like that they actually built all of the cars, and did as many stunts as they could to limit the use of CGI.

I haven't seen the first three yet, but I think this one stands on its own as a pretty good movie. I have no idea how many references to the previous three movies I missed in Fury Road. I was planning on at least watching the first one, but when I said that I hadn't seen it, a coworker of mine gave away a couple of pretty big spoilers in his synopsis. That killed a good chunk of my desire to see it.
05-06-2015, 04:51 PM
OK.... I went with the SO last night to see it...

(yeah, procrastination is a virtue... piss off..)

I'd imagine it'll lose a lot on the small screen, so if you watch it on DVD and don't like it -- it's your fault and not the producers....

All I can say -- is if you like shit blowing up, bodies flying through the air, and general mayhem writ large -- this is the movie for you...

If puppies and unicorns are your thing -- this movie is gonna make you wet your didies.....

The best equivalent I can give -- is for the action/shootem-up/monster truck/gunfire crowd - this movie delivers like UPS.......

Highbrow?? Nooooooo....

Realistic?? Fuck noooooooo...

Fun???? Yup.....

Eat the popcorn early... There'll be shit keeping you busy....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
05-06-2015, 08:14 PM
(05-06-2015 04:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  OK.... I went with the SO last night to see it...

(yeah, procrastination is a virtue... piss off..)

I'd imagine it'll lose a lot on the small screen, so if you watch it on DVD and don't like it -- it's your fault and not the producers....

All I can say -- is if you like shit blowing up, bodies flying through the air, and general mayhem writ large -- this is the movie for you...

If puppies and unicorns are your thing -- this movie is gonna make you wet your didies.....

The best equivalent I can give -- is for the action/shootem-up/monster truck/gunfire crowd - this movie delivers like UPS.......

Highbrow?? Nooooooo....

Realistic?? Fuck noooooooo...

Fun???? Yup.....

Eat the popcorn early... There'll be shit keeping you busy....

Good description. I'm not usually one for big explosion action movies, but I've been leaning that way lately. With all of the non-stop action in this movie, I was watching the majority of the time exactly like this: Gasp (in a good way, couldn't look away)

Not even joking!
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
05-06-2015, 10:05 PM
New Mad Max?
I have watched the original Mad Max and the Road Warrior maybe 100 times each. They were my favorite movies when I was young. I would put them in the VCR whenever there was nothing special on TV.

I watched the new remake and although the action and special effects were over the top, I hated it. It was a mockery of the originals and there was no story to it. Just maddening action. It's a disappointment I say.