Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Hello everybody!!!
I'm a new member and would like to introduce myself to everyone (without revealing to much personal information Smile). My name's Timothy....

There u go. Feel free to bombard me with questions about my faith, values and beliefs (BTW, I'm a Christian so that might help u out a bit.) I hope to hear from u soon) Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2013, 08:17 AM
RE: New Member
(12-06-2013 05:57 AM)Timinator Wrote:  Hello everybody!!!
I'm a new member and would like to introduce myself to everyone (without revealing to much personal information Smile). My name's Timothy....

There u go. Feel free to bombard me with questions about my faith, values and beliefs (BTW, I'm a Christian so that might help u out a bit.) I hope to hear from u soon) Big Grin

Ok, so what do you believe in?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-06-2013, 08:25 AM
Welcome aboard. What type of xian?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
12-06-2013, 08:29 AM

Why are you a Christian?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-06-2013, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 09:19 AM by ridethespiral.)
Hello Tim. Where are you from? What do you practice? Are you questioning, are you curious about us heathens? or are you here to re-convert me? Cause I have to tell you that you will have an easier time turning water to wine than turning an Atheist into a Theist.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Hey Tim, saying you’re Christian doesn't really say much. They are asking what type of Christian, and more specifically what do you believe, after all the same denomination of Christians can be sitting right next to each other on the same pew and believe completely different things about what God or Jesus is, Heaven, Hell, Satan, the afterlife, the creation myth and so on.

More importantly than that, because that only gives you a superficial appearance, why do you believe what you believe? Born into it, converted, reconverted, dated a hot girl who you had to fake it for, believe you literally see demons walking the streets and hear their voices in your head? What is it and why?
[+] 4 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
12-06-2013, 08:57 AM

Bombard...

Why're you here ?

Do you want to:
- tell us the good news ™ ?
- find out what all the fuss about atheism is ?
- other reason ?

Welcome to the forum Smile
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the forum, Tim.

Are you a Star Trek fan? Consider

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
12-06-2013, 09:03 AM

Like that "Timinator".
So ...... you practice Paulianity. (Saul of Taursus really was the founder of your cult).
Have fun in the nut house.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-06-2013, 10:11 AM
OK here goes

Dom: That question is way too general and I don't feel like writing out an essay Smile. Why don't u ask me about my beliefs on a specific topic instead (it could even be ASOIAF related for all I care lol)

KidCharlemagne1962: That's another question I would consider quite general, but I believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins (literally), rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. (I'm also not a creationist).

Chas: haha well I was born into a Christian family (it was also a broken family) so I have always been taken along to church. But I have adopted my own theology (which is still being expanded upon) and I ultimately became a Christian to discover more about the human condition, about God and about the world (both physical and spiritual)

ridethespiral: Where are you from? I'm from Australia. What do you practice? I used to practice the guitar, but srsly I just try to cosistently and continually put others before myself (whenever I'm at my father's house, I tend to pray over the food to. Anyone would be compelled to pray after they've seen my dad's Christmas pudding.)

Cloud Strife: C above.^^^^ and I personally think most Christians believe whatever makes them feel good or superior. (most ppl actually)

morondog: I'm here just out of curiosity, I like chatting on forums, I have plenty of atheist friends so I don't think this place will be an uncomfortable chat-room and because HITLER WAS AN ATHEIST (lol I couldn't stop laughing)

cheapthrillseaker: I wouldn't call myself a star trek fan unless I wanted to aggravate some Trekkie's...sorry Sad

Bucky Ball: well according to who you ask, the Christian church may of in fact been first established by Peter Tongue
The nut house is quite fun thank u very much, the waffles aren't bad and they let me have a laptop for therapeutic purposes, how's life treating u in ur mental asylum Drooling jk dude

I wasn't expecting so many replies, I might be using this website more frequently than I initially thought I would be.
[+] 2 users Like Timinator's post