Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2013, 10:16 AM
RE: New Member
(12-06-2013 10:11 AM)Timinator Wrote:  Chas: haha well I was born into a Christian family (it was also a broken family) so I have always been taken along to church. But I have adopted my own theology (which is still being expanded upon) and I ultimately became a Christian to discover more about the human condition, about God and about the world (both physical and spiritual)

If you were born into a Muslim family, you would almost certainly be a Muslim.

You will discover much more about the human condition by studying philosophy, psychology, and history; you will discover infinitely more about the physical world by studying science.
Spiritual world?
What spiritual world?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-06-2013, 10:19 AM
(12-06-2013 10:11 AM)Timinator Wrote:  OK here goes

Dom: That question is way too general and I don't feel like writing out an essay Smile. Why don't u ask me about my beliefs on a specific topic instead (it could even be ASOIAF related for all I care lol)

KidCharlemagne1962: That's another question I would consider quite general, but I believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins (literally), rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. (I'm also not a creationist).

Chas: haha well I was born into a Christian family (it was also a broken family) so I have always been taken along to church. But I have adopted my own theology (which is still being expanded upon) and I ultimately became a Christian to discover more about the human condition, about God and about the world (both physical and spiritual)

ridethespiral: Where are you from? I'm from Australia. What do you practice? I used to practice the guitar, but srsly I just try to cosistently and continually put others before myself (whenever I'm at my father's house, I tend to pray over the food to. Anyone would be compelled to pray after they've seen my dad's Christmas pudding.)

Cloud Strife: C above.^^^^ and I personally think most Christians believe whatever makes them feel good or superior. (most ppl actually)

morondog: I'm here just out of curiosity, I like chatting on forums, I have plenty of atheist friends so I don't think this place will be an uncomfortable chat-room and because HITLER WAS AN ATHEIST (lol I couldn't stop laughing)

cheapthrillseaker: I wouldn't call myself a star trek fan unless I wanted to aggravate some Trekkie's...sorry Sad

Bucky Ball: well according to who you ask, the Christian church may of in fact been first established by Peter Tongue
The nut house is quite fun thank u very much, the waffles aren't bad and they let me have a laptop for therapeutic purposes, how's life treating u in ur mental asylum Drooling jk dude

I wasn't expecting so many replies, I might be using this website more frequently than I initially thought I would be.

Pick a topic for us to discuss and we shall be glad to enlighten you on the practices of your barbaric cult. 1 note of warning the things you see can never be unseen and more than 1 person's faith has been shaken by looking directly at the foundations of it. Welcome to TTA.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-06-2013, 10:44 AM
(12-06-2013 10:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 10:11 AM)Timinator Wrote:  Chas: haha well I was born into a Christian family (it was also a broken family) so I have always been taken along to church. But I have adopted my own theology (which is still being expanded upon) and I ultimately became a Christian to discover more about the human condition, about God and about the world (both physical and spiritual)

If you were born into a Muslim family, you would almost certainly be a Muslim.

You will discover much more about the human condition by studying philosophy, psychology, and history; you will discover infinitely more about the physical world by studying science.
Spiritual world?
What spiritual world?

If I was born into a Muslim family, I may very well be a Muslim (people often submit to peer pressure) but I believe the creator of this website was born into a Christian family and has become an atheist, so who is to say what I may and may not be if I was born into a Muslim family. Besides how many Christian's, Muslims and Catholics really practice what their religion empathizes.
I love psychology,history and philosophy, they are extremely interesting subjects. However, u can only figure out half the story from studying those subjects (and besides, how many historians, psychologists and philosophers have different opinions on the same subject). I would ultimately have to decide on what I believe to be true anyway.
12-06-2013, 10:45 AM
I would also like to ask if u have had any supposed Satanists join this website XD
12-06-2013, 10:47 AM
(12-06-2013 10:45 AM)Timinator Wrote:  I would also like to ask if u have had any supposed Satanists join this website XD

Yes. They didn't last long - they are very silly people.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-06-2013, 10:49 AM
(12-06-2013 10:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 10:45 AM)Timinator Wrote:  I would also like to ask if u have had any supposed Satanists join this website XD

Yes. They didn't last long - they are very silly people.

I don't know, black is quite a slimming color
12-06-2013, 10:49 AM

We have had some come through here. Of course we don't believe in him either. So they may or may not hang around and take part in the conversation.

Do you think your religious belief should inform our laws and public policy?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
12-06-2013, 10:52 AM
(12-06-2013 10:49 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  

We have had some come through here. Of course we don't believe in him either. So they may or may not hang around and take part in the conversation.

Good question Smile
My mother might say yes, but I don't know if it would make much of a difference to be honest...evil men always seem to rise to the top
12-06-2013, 10:55 AM
(12-06-2013 10:52 AM)Timinator Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 10:49 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  We have had some come through here. Of course we don't believe in him either. So they may or may not hang around and take part in the conversation.

Good question Smile
My mother might say yes, but I don't know if it would make much of a difference to be honest...evil men always seem to rise to the top

What is your take on Gay Marriage and why.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
12-06-2013, 10:56 AM
(12-06-2013 10:11 AM)Timinator Wrote:  ridethespiral: Where are you from? I'm from Australia. What do you practice? I used to practice the guitar, but srsly I just try to cosistently and continually put others before myself (whenever I'm at my father's house, I tend to pray over the food to. Anyone would be compelled to pray after they've seen my dad's Christmas pudding.)

I am from NJ/PA USA, how are your reefs holding up? I've always wanted to dive them?

Ahh yes, good answer. I practice Bass, rhythm guitar on occasion and keyboard when my fingers hurt.

Hey man sorry if I came off a little harsh. As long as your not a southern baptist creationist hell bent on taking over my nations congress and altering science texts we'll get a long fine. Welcome.