Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2013, 10:56 AM
RE: New Member
Are you going to resort to stupid attempts at jokes when people here start asking the "hard" questions that you can't answer?

Are you going to repeat yourself over and over?

Are you eventually going to accept that your faith is stupid and resort to just spamming "god is great" over and over?

Why should we waste our time on you when you're just another Christian with the inability to defend your faith?
Afterall, you're all the same. You come here believing you know everything about Christianity but TTA chews you up and spits you out and shows you just how little you know about your own religion.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
12-06-2013, 10:59 AM
(12-06-2013 10:45 AM)Timinator Wrote:  I would also like to ask if u have had any supposed Satanists join this website XD

You should give the TTA podcast on Satanism a listen. Most of them are really just 'Atheists in halloween costumes'. Personally I'm not into ceremony or the occult which is one of the reasons I'm an Atheist to begin with so it lacks appeal for me.

Ps. Holden or Ford?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2013, 11:03 AM
(12-06-2013 10:55 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 10:52 AM)Timinator Wrote:  Good question Smile
My mother might say yes, but I don't know if it would make much of a difference to be honest...evil men always seem to rise to the top

What is your take on Gay Marriage and why.

I can understand why they want it, but I fail to c why a particular group of people that are sexually inclined in a particular way would want to associate themselves with a religious group that has been shunning them for a long time. I think gay couple's should be free to visit each other in hospital and such (there's a particular situation where if u are not a married couple this is not allowed. Don't quote me on that though.) I believe that acting upon your homosexual desires is a sin, and someone who does that will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.
12-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Okay, here is a question to bombard you with, do you think Cain fucked his mom or his sister that the bible never mentioned, or did God create a whole bunch of other people at the sametime as Adam and Eve as the first version of Genesis says before the second version says it was just two people, and if we go by the first version of genesis where a bunch of people were created all at the same time along with Adam and Eve, then why are they all full of sin too if they weren't even in the garden to eat that apple that God placed there, when he could have just not placed it there to begin with because there arn't just a bunch of trees of the knowleage of good and evil all over the place right now, and considering he knew that they were going to eat it why place it there in the first place if he didn't want them to eat it, and how can he be mad at them for eating it when he already knew that they would before he ever even created it or created them, and what in the fuck could that possibly do with me and my life, i didn't eat no damned apple, he could have not only put that tree out of their reach, he could have just not made it, and why doesn't God know where they are when he's walking around the garden looking for them, he knows every thing so he should know where they where, and for that matter why did God have to realize that Adam might be lonely and need a mate after the fact, he would have already known that he would be lonely and need a mate because he's God, how did velociraptors eat vegetables with sharp teeth and no molars, and digestive tracks that God designed for digesting meat not vegetation, and if it's natural for us to be naked as that's how God intended it until they ate that damned apple then will we all be naked in heaven, should I be naked right now, why did God put so much power in that damned apple, is that angel still outside the gate to the garden with his flaming sword, how is it a punishment for snake to craw on their bellies when they already craw on their bellies, I bet that snake was thingking it got off easy, why is the snake Satan when it never actually says any thing about the snake being Satan, it seems to just be a dickhead snake, can snakes talk, can donkeys talk, was that the same angel with the flaming sword, and why again was so much power put into that damned apple.....................

No spell check or grammar check done...I was in bambardment mode and did not hit backspace once...
[+] 3 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
12-06-2013, 11:05 AM
(12-06-2013 05:57 AM)Timinator Wrote:  Hello everybody!!!
I'm a new member and would like to introduce myself to everyone (without revealing to much personal information Smile). My name's Timothy....

There u go. Feel free to bombard me with questions about my faith, values and beliefs (BTW, I'm a Christian so that might help u out a bit.) I hope to hear from u soon) Big Grin

There are a lot of ways to be a Christian, and my most pressing question is more a matter of how you function as a Christian and less a matter of underlying theology. Specifically, how does being a Christian affect your choices, actions, and treatment of others?

Do you use it as a framework of kindness towards others, or as a basis for the harassment, judgement, and persecution of others, or both?

Are there any groups out there (eg, Mormons) who identify themselves as Christians, but you do not regard as Christians?

You say you have plenty of atheist friends. Are you content to agree to disagree? If they didn't wish to discuss religion (for the day or in general), would you let the matter drop? What if you had friends who were, say, Muslim, or Wiccan, or Jewish, or something else?

If another Christian declared that all atheists were inherently wicked, evil people, would you believe the assertion? Ignore it? Challenge it?

Are you a supporter of officially-sanctioned or -organized prayer, or prominently displayed symbols of religion, by/in public school or other government institutions? What about, say, nativity scenes funded by taxpayer dollars, or judges who post the ten commandments in their official chambers, or references to God on the official currency? What is your attitude towards secularists who oppose these things?

Do you think it's legitimate for an atheist to remain "in the closet" about her/his absence of faith (ie, keeping it secret from family, friends, employers, colleagues, neighbors, and/or the world at large)? If not, on what grounds and under what conditions must this be disclosed, and to whom? If so, what steps should society in general and Christians specifically take to keep someone from being "outed" against their will?

Any thoughts about the strength of Christianity in the military, and its effect on soldiers of other faiths or no faith?

Does your Christianity inform your stance on, say, abortion rights, gay rights, sexual freedom, feminism, or race relations? If so, in what way, and what actions have you taken on its basis?

(I know that people who identify as Christians can go any which way on all of these questions, which is why I have to ask rather than assume. No offense is intended.)

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
12-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Unless you don't believe in any of that, in which case it would be better for you to be clearer on what your beliefs are, or rather ask an actual question so that we don't have to waste our time bombarding you with questions that may not apply to you...
12-06-2013, 11:06 AM
(12-06-2013 10:56 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 10:11 AM)Timinator Wrote:  ridethespiral: Where are you from? I'm from Australia. What do you practice? I used to practice the guitar, but srsly I just try to cosistently and continually put others before myself (whenever I'm at my father's house, I tend to pray over the food to. Anyone would be compelled to pray after they've seen my dad's Christmas pudding.)

I am from NJ/PA USA, how are your reefs holding up? I've always wanted to dive them?

Ahh yes, good answer. I practice Bass, rhythm guitar on occasion and keyboard when my fingers hurt.

Hey man sorry if I came off a little harsh. As long as your not a southern baptist creationist hell bent on taking over my nations congress and altering science texts we'll get a long fine. Welcome.

idk about the reefs to be honest, I am still awaiting the opportunity to dive into them myself (but I want to). Where are you from?
12-06-2013, 11:06 AM
(12-06-2013 11:03 AM)Timinator Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 10:55 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  What is your take on Gay Marriage and why.

I can understand why they want it, but I fail to c why a particular group of people that are sexually inclined in a particular way would want to associate themselves with a religious group that has been shunning them for a long time. I think gay couple's should be free to visit each other in hospital and such (there's a particular situation where if u are not a married couple this is not allowed. Don't quote me on that though.) I believe that acting upon your homosexual desires is a sin, and someone who does that will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

There are something like 3,000 benefits to marriage between state and federal statutes and religion has nothing to do with any of them. Marriage was always a property transaction certified by the state the religious side was tacked on much later.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-06-2013, 11:07 AM
(12-06-2013 10:56 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Are you going to resort to stupid attempts at jokes when people here start asking the "hard" questions that you can't answer?

Are you going to repeat yourself over and over?

Are you eventually going to accept that your faith is stupid and resort to just spamming "god is great" over and over?

Why should we waste our time on you when you're just another Christian with the inability to defend your faith?
Afterall, you're all the same. You come here believing you know everything about Christianity but TTA chews you up and spits you out and shows you just how little you know about your own religion.

Calm down Stewie

BTW, Hitler wan an atheist Big Grin
12-06-2013, 11:08 AM
(12-06-2013 10:11 AM)Timinator Wrote:  Bucky Ball: well according to who you ask, the Christian church may of in fact been first established by Peter Tongue
The nut house is quite fun thank u very much, the waffles aren't bad and they let me have a laptop for therapeutic purposes, how's life treating u in ur mental asylum Drooling jk dude

I tend not to "ask", since it's one of my academic fields. Tongue
James was the leader of the Jerusalem group of the "Way" sub-sect of Jews, and he and Saul were bitter enemies. Peter of course never was the bishop in Rome, as some claim. I'm not sure there is much of any evidence he had any leadership role.

Glad they feed you well in the nut house. When I was briefly there, they fed me well also.
(I meant THIS was the nut-house).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post