Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2013, 11:28 AM
RE: New Member
(12-06-2013 11:26 AM)Timinator Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 11:21 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  We get a lot of xians in here that come in and use these arguments to defend their beliefs.

I'm hoping this will not be case here. I'd like a xian that we can go back and forth with and not end up in Ray Comfort land.Drinking Beverage

like I said I was only kidding, I thought I made that pretty clear with the trollface Big Grin
BTW I didn't know such a simple comment could cause such rage lol

So what is you take on other religions?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2013, 11:29 AM
(12-06-2013 11:26 AM)Timinator Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 11:21 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  We get a lot of xians in here that come in and use these arguments to defend their beliefs.

I'm hoping this will not be case here. I'd like a xian that we can go back and forth with and not end up in Ray Comfort land.Drinking Beverage

like I said I was only kidding, I thought I made that pretty clear with the trollface Big Grin

We're not mad, generally the arguments of the religious are kind of pedantic and boring and very circular. Actually I find the whole angry atheist thing to be a projection since it seems like the "faithful" are usually the ones spewing anger and vitriol against anyone who doesn't share their worldview.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-06-2013, 12:24 PM
(12-06-2013 11:04 AM)Cloud Strife Wrote:  Okay, here is a question to bombard you with, do you think Cain fucked his mom or his sister that the bible never mentioned, or did God create a whole bunch of other people at the sametime as Adam and Eve as the first version of Genesis says before the second version says it was just two people, and if we go by the first version of genesis where a bunch of people were created all at the same time along with Adam and Eve, then why are they all full of sin too if they weren't even in the garden to eat that apple that God placed there, when he could have just not placed it there to begin with because there arn't just a bunch of trees of the knowleage of good and evil all over the place right now, and considering he knew that they were going to eat it why place it there in the first place if he didn't want them to eat it, and how can he be mad at them for eating it when he already knew that they would before he ever even created it or created them, and what in the fuck could that possibly do with me and my life, i didn't eat no damned apple, he could have not only put that tree out of their reach, he could have just not made it, and why doesn't God know where they are when he's walking around the garden looking for them, he knows every thing so he should know where they where, and for that matter why did God have to realize that Adam might be lonely and need a mate after the fact, he would have already known that he would be lonely and need a mate because he's God, how did velociraptors eat vegetables with sharp teeth and no molars, and digestive tracks that God designed for digesting meat not vegetation, and if it's natural for us to be naked as that's how God intended it until they ate that damned apple then will we all be naked in heaven, should I be naked right now, why did God put so much power in that damned apple, is that angel still outside the gate to the garden with his flaming sword, how is it a punishment for snake to craw on their bellies when they already craw on their bellies, I bet that snake was thingking it got off easy, why is the snake Satan when it never actually says any thing about the snake being Satan, it seems to just be a dickhead snake, can snakes talk, can donkeys talk, was that the same angel with the flaming sword, and why again was so much power put into that damned apple.....................

No spell check or grammar check done...I was in bambardment mode and did not hit backspace once...

Tim...seriously though, I want these questions answered...all of them. It wasn't really a rhetorical question.
[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
12-06-2013, 12:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 01:10 PM by Bucky Ball.)
BTW, I forgot to ask.
Where did you get your new "member" ?
Was it painful, or expensive ?
I didn't pay a lot of attention in Anatomy and Physiology, but I think there's a name for that procedure.
It's called an addadicktomy. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
12-06-2013, 12:36 PM
(12-06-2013 11:04 AM)Cloud Strife Wrote:  Okay, here is a question to bombard you with, do you think Cain fucked his mom or his sister that the bible never mentioned, or did God create a whole bunch of other people at the sametime as Adam and Eve as the first version of Genesis says before the second version says it was just two people, and if we go by the first version of genesis where a bunch of people were created all at the same time along with Adam and Eve, then why are they all full of sin too if they weren't even in the garden to eat that apple that God placed there, when he could have just not placed it there to begin with because there arn't just a bunch of trees of the knowleage of good and evil all over the place right now, and considering he knew that they were going to eat it why place it there in the first place if he didn't want them to eat it, and how can he be mad at them for eating it when he already knew that they would before he ever even created it or created them, and what in the fuck could that possibly do with me and my life, i didn't eat no damned apple, he could have not only put that tree out of their reach, he could have just not made it, and why doesn't God know where they are when he's walking around the garden looking for them, he knows every thing so he should know where they where, and for that matter why did God have to realize that Adam might be lonely and need a mate after the fact, he would have already known that he would be lonely and need a mate because he's God, how did velociraptors eat vegetables with sharp teeth and no molars, and digestive tracks that God designed for digesting meat not vegetation, and if it's natural for us to be naked as that's how God intended it until they ate that damned apple then will we all be naked in heaven, should I be naked right now, why did God put so much power in that damned apple, is that angel still outside the gate to the garden with his flaming sword, how is it a punishment for snake to craw on their bellies when they already craw on their bellies, I bet that snake was thingking it got off easy, why is the snake Satan when it never actually says any thing about the snake being Satan, it seems to just be a dickhead snake, can snakes talk, can donkeys talk, was that the same angel with the flaming sword, and why again was so much power put into that damned apple.....................

No spell check or grammar check done...I was in bambardment mode and did not hit backspace once...

Okay, here is a question to bombard you with, do you think Cain fucked his mom or his sister that the bible never mentioned, or did God create a whole bunch of other people at the sametime as Adam and Eve as the first version of Genesis says before the second version says it was just two people?
I believe there were homo-whatever's (maybe even homo-sapiens) that were created before Adam and Eve were created. So Cain probably had sexual intercourse with a neanderthal or something (maybe even a homo-sapien but I personally think this is unlikely).

and if we go by the first version of genesis where a bunch of people were created all at the same time along with Adam and Eve, then why are they all full of sin too if they weren't even in the garden to eat that apple that God placed there?
This Idea of Sin=physical death is ridiculous. It may have meant physical death for Adam and Eve because they were put in the Garden of Eden which was separated from everything else (this is apparent because the serpent came from outside the garden). But I think death was already a rampant (after all doesn't lion mean something like one that kills with it's claws, and dinosaurs were already extinct).

then why are they all full of sin too if they weren't even in the garden to eat that apple that God placed there, when he could have just not placed it there to begin with because there arn't just a bunch of trees of the knowledge of good and evil all over the place right now, and considering he knew that they were going to eat it why place it there in the first place if he didn't want them to eat it, and how can he be mad at them for eating it when he already knew that they would before he ever even created it or created them, and what in the fuck could that possibly do with me and my life, i didn't eat no damned apple?
God Created the first ppl with a desire to have a relationship with him. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately if u feel that way) these ppl also had a free will to obey or to disobey God. Adam and Eve weren't entirely aware of what would pls God and what wouldn't, but Adam knew that he had been instructed to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil. God put that tree there so man could choose whether to obey him, or to turn against him. If he had not put that tree there, Adam would be a robot that was compelled to do everything God says and to love him unconditionally. However that would not of been real love. Thus God didn't want them to eat of the tree, but when u create a being with free will, sooner or later it is going to turn against u. He wasn't mad at them for eating it, he was disappointed, u can walk into a test knowing u r going to fail, and even though u knew what was going to happen, u could still be disappointed at the result u got.

why doesn't God know where they are when he's walking around the garden looking for them

he knows every thing so he should know where they where, and for that matter why did God have to realize that Adam might be lonely and need a mate after the fact, he would have already known that he would be lonely and need a mate because he's God?
God wasn't asking where they were because he didn't know where they were, he was expressing how he felt about the fact that Adam had severed his relationship with God. He wasn't angry either, I don't think God was saying "ADAM, WHERE ARE YOU! I personally think he was deeply distressed at what had happened, and was saddened that Adam had not come out to meet him, and walk with him (like I said u can know the outcome of something, and yet still be disappointed). In regards to the part about God not giving Adam a mate right away, I'll gladly give you this analogy. If u have a child, don't u feel more fulfilled when that child asks u for something and u give it to them, rather than giving them everything u know that they'll need straight away. It was the exact same thing in this case, God wanted Adam to ask for a mate, he wanted Adam to realize he needed a mate. This way Adam felt more fulfilled when God granted his request, and God felt more fulfilled when he could grant Adam's request.

How did velociraptors eat vegetables with sharp teeth and no molars, and digestive tracks that God designed for digesting meat not vegetation? Velociraptors were long dead by this stage. Simple as that.

And if it's natural for us to be naked as that's how God intended it until they ate that damned apple then will we all be naked in heaven, should I be naked right now, why did God put so much power in that damned apple?
I would like to point out that u have fallen for a common tale that the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil was an apple, the bible just says that they may not eat of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil (it later specifies that it is fruit, but never says it was an apple).
As to all of us being naked in Heaven, I'm not sure if that will be the case, but when the scripture says that they knew that they were naked, it was probably just the first time that they had any insecurities about the way they looked and decided to cover up (I may be wrong, but some ppl can easily let everything hang loose, whereas other ppl aren't quite the same).

is that angel still outside the gate to the garden with his flaming sword, how is it a punishment for snake to craw on their bellies when they already craw on their bellies, I bet that snake was thinking it got off easy, why is the snake Satan when it never actually says any thing about the snake being Satan, it seems to just be a dickhead snake, can snakes talk, can donkeys talk, was that the same angel with the flaming sword, and why again was so much power put into that damned apple?
I can't answer that first question, because I'm not even sure if the Garden of Eden exists in the physical world (the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil does not seem to be a natural tree) but the scripture seems to indicate that it did exist on the physical plane, but man (Adam and Eve) were cut off from it.
As to the snake being Satan, it is made pretty obvious that the serpent was Satan (or to Moses who was being shown all this, likely through God's eyes, Satan looks like a serpent) In Revelation 12:9, Satan is specifically referred to as a serpent. When God cursed the serpent, he was likely speaking poetically (which he does do quite a bit if u read the bible) and was likely referring to Satan's humiliation and defeat (it wouldn't make sense otherwise, because he tells the serpent that "He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel" in the next verse. Why would u curse any old serpent with being smashed on the head). This is referring to Jesus's eventual triumph over the devil.
As to u asking if donkey's can talk, unless there is some serious divine intervention that makes the donkey speak (or seem to speak) then that is impossible I'm afraid. (Eddie Murphy not included).

*huff* *puff* tell me if I missed anything Consider
12-06-2013, 12:37 PM
(12-06-2013 12:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  BTW, I forgot to ask.
I didn't pay a lot of attention in Anatomy and Physiology, but I thin there's a name for that procedure.

haha it hit me right after puberty, funnily enough Smile
12-06-2013, 12:38 PM
10 more min and then I better get to bed (it's 2:38 am here)....how's life treating u all?
12-06-2013, 12:42 PM
(12-06-2013 11:28 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 11:26 AM)Timinator Wrote:  like I said I was only kidding, I thought I made that pretty clear with the trollface Big Grin

So what is you take on other religions?

I honestly believe that God gives u a chance to follow him when u die, it's as simple as accepting him as a Savior. Some people would prefer not to do that though and would live a much happier afterlife in hell.
12-06-2013, 12:45 PM
(12-06-2013 12:36 PM)Timinator Wrote:  

Okay, here is a question to bombard you with, do you think Cain fucked his mom or his sister that the bible never mentioned, or did God create a whole bunch of other people at the sametime as Adam and Eve as the first version of Genesis says before the second version says it was just two people?
I believe there were homo-whatever's (maybe even homo-sapiens) that were created before Adam and Eve were created. So Cain probably had sexual intercourse with a neanderthal or something (maybe even a homo-sapien but I personally think this is unlikely).

and if we go by the first version of genesis where a bunch of people were created all at the same time along with Adam and Eve, then why are they all full of sin too if they weren't even in the garden to eat that apple that God placed there?
This Idea of Sin=physical death is ridiculous. It may have meant physical death for Adam and Eve because they were put in the Garden of Eden which was separated from everything else (this is apparent because the serpent came from outside the garden). But I think death was already a rampant (after all doesn't lion mean something like one that kills with it's claws, and dinosaurs were already extinct).

then why are they all full of sin too if they weren't even in the garden to eat that apple that God placed there, when he could have just not placed it there to begin with because there arn't just a bunch of trees of the knowledge of good and evil all over the place right now, and considering he knew that they were going to eat it why place it there in the first place if he didn't want them to eat it, and how can he be mad at them for eating it when he already knew that they would before he ever even created it or created them, and what in the fuck could that possibly do with me and my life, i didn't eat no damned apple?
God Created the first ppl with a desire to have a relationship with him. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately if u feel that way) these ppl also had a free will to obey or to disobey God. Adam and Eve weren't entirely aware of what would pls God and what wouldn't, but Adam knew that he had been instructed to not eat of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil. God put that tree there so man could choose whether to obey him, or to turn against him. If he had not put that tree there, Adam would be a robot that was compelled to do everything God says and to love him unconditionally. However that would not of been real love. Thus God didn't want them to eat of the tree, but when u create a being with free will, sooner or later it is going to turn against u. He wasn't mad at them for eating it, he was disappointed, u can walk into a test knowing u r going to fail, and even though u knew what was going to happen, u could still be disappointed at the result u got.

why doesn't God know where they are when he's walking around the garden looking for them

he knows every thing so he should know where they where, and for that matter why did God have to realize that Adam might be lonely and need a mate after the fact, he would have already known that he would be lonely and need a mate because he's God?
God wasn't asking where they were because he didn't know where they were, he was expressing how he felt about the fact that Adam had severed his relationship with God. He wasn't angry either, I don't think God was saying "ADAM, WHERE ARE YOU! I personally think he was deeply distressed at what had happened, and was saddened that Adam had not come out to meet him, and walk with him (like I said u can know the outcome of something, and yet still be disappointed). In regards to the part about God not giving Adam a mate right away, I'll gladly give you this analogy. If u have a child, don't u feel more fulfilled when that child asks u for something and u give it to them, rather than giving them everything u know that they'll need straight away. It was the exact same thing in this case, God wanted Adam to ask for a mate, he wanted Adam to realize he needed a mate. This way Adam felt more fulfilled when God granted his request, and God felt more fulfilled when he could grant Adam's request.

How did velociraptors eat vegetables with sharp teeth and no molars, and digestive tracks that God designed for digesting meat not vegetation? Velociraptors were long dead by this stage. Simple as that.

And if it's natural for us to be naked as that's how God intended it until they ate that damned apple then will we all be naked in heaven, should I be naked right now, why did God put so much power in that damned apple?
I would like to point out that u have fallen for a common tale that the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil was an apple, the bible just says that they may not eat of the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil (it later specifies that it is fruit, but never says it was an apple).
As to all of us being naked in Heaven, I'm not sure if that will be the case, but when the scripture says that they knew that they were naked, it was probably just the first time that they had any insecurities about the way they looked and decided to cover up (I may be wrong, but some ppl can easily let everything hang loose, whereas other ppl aren't quite the same).

is that angel still outside the gate to the garden with his flaming sword, how is it a punishment for snake to craw on their bellies when they already craw on their bellies, I bet that snake was thinking it got off easy, why is the snake Satan when it never actually says any thing about the snake being Satan, it seems to just be a dickhead snake, can snakes talk, can donkeys talk, was that the same angel with the flaming sword, and why again was so much power put into that damned apple?
I can't answer that first question, because I'm not even sure if the Garden of Eden exists in the physical world (the tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil does not seem to be a natural tree) but the scripture seems to indicate that it did exist on the physical plane, but man (Adam and Eve) were cut off from it.
As to the snake being Satan, it is made pretty obvious that the serpent was Satan (or to Moses who was being shown all this, likely through God's eyes, Satan looks like a serpent) In Revelation 12:9, Satan is specifically referred to as a serpent. When God cursed the serpent, he was likely speaking poetically (which he does do quite a bit if u read the bible) and was likely referring to Satan's humiliation and defeat (it wouldn't make sense otherwise, because he tells the serpent that "He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel" in the next verse. Why would u curse any old serpent with being smashed on the head). This is referring to Jesus's eventual triumph over the devil.
As to u asking if donkey's can talk, unless there is some serious divine intervention that makes the donkey speak (or seem to speak) then that is impossible I'm afraid. (Eddie Murphy not included).

*huff* *puff* tell me if I missed anything Consider

I'd like to clarify that by created, I mean they evolved Big Grin
12-06-2013, 12:46 PM
(12-06-2013 12:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  BTW, I forgot to ask.
I didn't pay a lot of attention in Anatomy and Physiology, but I thin there's a name for that procedure.

Who knows dude, maybe u will hit puberty and get a new member too Tongue lol jk