RE: New Member
Bye 4 now Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2013, 01:02 PM
(12-06-2013 11:07 AM)Timinator Wrote:  Calm down Stewie

BTW, Hitler wan an atheist Big Grin

I don't care if you were kidding, you deserved that.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
12-06-2013, 01:03 PM
(12-06-2013 12:42 PM)Timinator Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 11:28 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  So what is you take on other religions?

I honestly believe that God gives u a chance to follow him when u die, it's as simple as accepting him as a Savior. Some people would prefer not to do that though and would live a much happier afterlife in hell.

"happier afterlife in hell"? That statement makes no sense.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
12-06-2013, 01:09 PM
(12-06-2013 01:03 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 12:42 PM)Timinator Wrote:  I honestly believe that God gives u a chance to follow him when u die, it's as simple as accepting him as a Savior. Some people would prefer not to do that though and would live a much happier afterlife in hell.

"happier afterlife in hell"? That statement makes no sense.

Why not? I've heard plenty of ppl say they would rather spend an eternity in hell, than an eternity with God. Fair enough I say. Besides, it all depends on whether u view hell as a place of eternal torment or not. For some ppl a place where there is chaos and carnage would be a paradise.
12-06-2013, 01:12 PM
(12-06-2013 01:02 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 11:07 AM)Timinator Wrote:  Calm down Stewie

BTW, Hitler wan an atheist Big Grin

I don't care if you were kidding, you deserved that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5By3HFGgTw
12-06-2013, 01:20 PM
(12-06-2013 01:09 PM)Timinator Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 01:03 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  "happier afterlife in hell"? That statement makes no sense.

Why not? I've heard plenty of ppl say they would rather spend an eternity in hell, than an eternity with God. Fair enough I say. Besides, it all depends on whether u view hell as a place of eternal torment or not. For some ppl a place where there is chaos and carnage would be a paradise.

That's said by people who don't actually believe such places exist. It's a rhetorical device.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2013, 01:26 PM
(12-06-2013 01:09 PM)Timinator Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 01:03 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  "happier afterlife in hell"? That statement makes no sense.

It's all in how you structured your answer. As a standalone, it didn't make sense. I'm still abit confused on what you're on about.

What religions are you talking about? I'd see the afterlife belief of Sto'Vo'Kor agreeing with paradise being the equivalent of chaos and carnage, but I want to know which religions you think have people who say they would rather spend an eternity in hell than an eternity with god.

Pretty sure they have their own gods they'd want to spend eternity with. YHWH wouldn't be their pick of the litter but rather the runt.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
12-06-2013, 01:27 PM
(12-06-2013 11:03 AM)Timinator Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 10:55 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  What is your take on Gay Marriage and why.

I can understand why they want it, but I fail to c why a particular group of people that are sexually inclined in a particular way would want to associate themselves with a religious group that has been shunning them for a long time. I think gay couple's should be free to visit each other in hospital and such (there's a particular situation where if u are not a married couple this is not allowed. Don't quote me on that though.) I believe that acting upon your homosexual desires is a sin, and someone who does that will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Do you enjoy eating shrimp or lobster by chance?

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
12-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Oh God...

Tim you seem like a decent chap. I suggest you take a break from *answering* questions, and have a bit of a browse around. 'Cos we're gonna bury you under an avalanche of questions... and you're probably gonna start saying shit like "why are you guys so angry all the time"... and in about 0.02 seconds you will be classified as the latest troll and there will be mass sarcasm involved. It won't be pretty.

So instead of e.g. coming up with fantasies about homo sap fucking a Neanderthal 'cos there was only Adam and Eve in the beginning (which has gotta sound weak even to you), just say some shit like "I dunno but I believe, however thanks for the interesting question and I'm gonna think about it"... and go take a look round the site, participate in the jokes threads, get to know us. Really. Just hang out with us. Be the different kid who everyone looks at funny for a bit. Learn to laugh with us.

Then if you're genuinely curious about why we think the way we do, ask *us* questions. Again, you'll get a *lot* of replies. And if you really do feel the need to defend your faith against us sinners... do a bit of reading Wink There's a great resource thread somewhere handy with links to a whole lot of stuff...
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
12-06-2013, 01:43 PM
The ancient Hebrews did not believe in immortality, (or hell).
That nonsense was cooked up later as the cult developed.
Even Saul of Tarsus believed that only the saved were granted "immortality", and what he actually meant when he said that, is not what we think of, when we hear those words. We live a a vastly different culture. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...other-look

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post