Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2013, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 01:56 PM by ELK12695.)
RE: New Member
Got a question for ya then, "timmy". What is your view on "heaven"? Is there conflict between individuals in your afterlife? Please understand that if humans can't disagree with one another, they are no longer human.

Also, please remember that a in introduction should be done here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oductions. People will be more aware of you in that way. And if you're planning to stay a while, it's completely okay to talk about anything else than religion. There are over a dozen other threads to hang around here; I'm sure you'll find something you like.

And please notify better when you make a joke about "The Hitler Argument". You will not believe how many idiots who think that's true:
[Image: bill-oreilly.jpg]

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
12-06-2013, 01:52 PM
(12-06-2013 01:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  Oh God...

Tim you seem like a decent chap. I suggest you take a break from *answering* questions, and have a bit of a browse around. 'Cos we're gonna bury you under an avalanche of questions... and you're probably gonna start saying shit like "why are you guys so angry all the time"... and in about 0.02 seconds you will be classified as the latest troll and there will be mass sarcasm involved. It won't be pretty.

So instead of e.g. coming up with fantasies about homo sap fucking a Neanderthal 'cos there was only Adam and Eve in the beginning (which has gotta sound weak even to you), just say some shit like "I dunno but I believe, however thanks for the interesting question and I'm gonna think about it"... and go take a look round the site, participate in the jokes threads, get to know us. Really. Just hang out with us. Be the different kid who everyone looks at funny for a bit. Learn to laugh with us.

Then if you're genuinely curious about why we think the way we do, ask *us* questions. Again, you'll get a *lot* of replies. And if you really do feel the need to defend your faith against us sinners... do a bit of reading Wink There's a great resource thread somewhere handy with links to a whole lot of stuff...

Ditto. Forgive my presumption (as I am yet but a n00b myself) but I feel like we've been a little hard on him. Yeah the OP sounded a bit mischievous at first but I think this guys alright, it's not like he came out of the box slinging creationism and talking about 'our Atheist religion' or demanding repentance....and I've seen enough of those in a few short days here (as well as my time on the RDFFRS forum) to know it when I see it.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2013, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 01:58 PM by ShirubaDangan.)
Well, I like this kid. He isn't a creationist so that is a +1 for me. I say we try not to come off as angry but we certainly should challenge his point of view. He obviously came here maybe out of curiosity or trying to understand atheists(I don't like to use that branding since it is so broad like Christian) but you can always joke around with us and talk. We don't bite and we have only devoured a few theist and some babies in our spare time.

[Image: EatBabies.jpg]

Still love this picture.

We should at least have some residential theists and we have dealt with far worse.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
12-06-2013, 02:09 PM
(12-06-2013 01:52 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I feel like we've been a little hard on him.

Disagree Tongue Man who believe in fairy gonna have hard time. Is fate.

The root cause is that he invited questions, then replied with rationalizations... even though in my judgement he's not a troll, people see him coming back with either weak arguments or some joke deflecting the question and they go into troll attack mode... and then we are confirmed in his mind as this bunch of angry people who hang out on the web and talk shit about how dumb Christians are... Although we do do that a lot he misses the cool shit we do...

Sorry for the third person shit OP. I dunno. It seemed like the right pronoun for the job, so I let it do it. Seemed to do OK.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-06-2013, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2013 09:57 PM by Free Thought.)
(12-06-2013 12:42 PM)Timinator Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 11:28 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  So what is you take on other religions?

I honestly believe that God gives u a chance to follow him when u die, it's as simple as accepting him as a Savior. Some people would prefer not to do that though and would live a much happier afterlife in hell.

If such is the case, why does the deity not simple make us believe in it if that is truly what it wants? It surely had no qualms with forcing them before the physically impossible snake tempted them into eating an apple.

In fact, why does god not simply give us all the option? Say hypothetically, at the age of 25 years, when the brain is properly developed, god appears to us all, show us all the evidence of Its existence and a couple arguments for believing in It?

As a side question; why does your god apparently feel the need send people to hell? I can somewhat understand the reward of heaven, but hell makes no sense. Why punish somebody for eternity for a choice which shouldn't matter or an answer that they can't help? Why not let the believers into heaven and let the heretics just plain die: no eternal wandering or restless spirits or hell-fire, just let them end?

Frankly, I think hell is entirely a scare tactic for primitives; those in the bronze age, the most advanced of whom still knew little (though the knowledge of the ancient Greeks astounds me to this day). It frightens people into submission and belief to this day. I personally have absolutely no fear of hell, not only because I do not consider it viable possibility but because I know it cannot harm me after I die...

If your deity is so self-conscious and controlling that it must damn non-believers to the worst imaginable fate simply because they did not believe, your deity is simply not worthy of respect and worship but it is of ridicule and scorn.
The deity is a sadistic representation of total malice made theological, most deities are that way it seems, going by the the books of those whom were "inspired".

Should you indulge me, I have one more question, if it has been asked an answered already, then please direct me to the post: With all the thousands of religions of the world, how can you be certain you have the correct deity and book? Going one level deeper than that: How can you be certain that your interpretation is the right one? Given the vast number of interpretations of the vast number of religious texts which ultimately causes the vast number of religions, it would be near impossible for a person to pick the correct belief.

[edit: spelling]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
13-06-2013, 01:50 AM
(12-06-2013 01:26 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 01:09 PM)Timinator Wrote:  Why not? I've heard plenty of ppl say they would rather spend an eternity in hell, than an eternity with God. Fair enough I say. Besides, it all depends on whether u view hell as a place of eternal torment or not. For some ppl a place where there is chaos and carnage would be a paradise.

It's all in how you structured your answer. As a standalone, it didn't make sense. I'm still abit confused on what you're on about.

What religions are you talking about? I'd see the afterlife belief of Sto'Vo'Kor agreeing with paradise being the equivalent of chaos and carnage, but I want to know which religions you think have people who say they would rather spend an eternity in hell than an eternity with god.

Pretty sure they have their own gods they'd want to spend eternity with. YHWH wouldn't be their pick of the litter but rather the runt.

lol I wassn't speaking about specific religions persay, I was actually talking about violent sociopaths who would delight in a world where sick practices are tolerated or encouraged. Some ppl may also prefer to live in a world without God, even if that world is full of bloodshed and war, I think the majority of ppl would probably get used to that existence. (sorry to reference this, but look how many ppl in Germany eventually accepted, and at times encouraged the holocaust).
13-06-2013, 01:52 AM
(12-06-2013 01:27 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 11:03 AM)Timinator Wrote:  I can understand why they want it, but I fail to c why a particular group of people that are sexually inclined in a particular way would want to associate themselves with a religious group that has been shunning them for a long time. I think gay couple's should be free to visit each other in hospital and such (there's a particular situation where if u are not a married couple this is not allowed. Don't quote me on that though.) I believe that acting upon your homosexual desires is a sin, and someone who does that will not inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Do you enjoy eating shrimp or lobster by chance?

Not particularly, I'm more of a ham guy (it's a boring meat but I am what I am lol).
13-06-2013, 02:08 AM
(12-06-2013 01:46 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Got a question for ya then, "timmy". What is your view on "heaven"? Is there conflict between individuals in your afterlife? Please understand that if humans can't disagree with one another, they are no longer human.

Also, please remember that a in introduction should be done here: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...oductions. People will be more aware of you in that way. And if you're planning to stay a while, it's completely okay to talk about anything else than religion. There are over a dozen other threads to hang around here; I'm sure you'll find something you like.

And please notify better when you make a joke about "The Hitler Argument". You will not believe how many idiots who think that's true:
[Image: bill-oreilly.jpg]

"Please understand that if humans can't disagree with each other, they are no longer human."
Please understand that is your opinion, other ppl may feel differently on the subject (I happen to think ur probably right). There will most definitely be conflict between individuals in hell, and there has been conflict in heaven b4, so it seems plausible to believe that it could happen again. This doesn't seem likely though because I believe ppl that have accepted (or will when they die) accepted Jesus as their Saviour will be those ppl that ultimately want to learn abut the infinite mysteries of our universe (and it seems unlikely that in a place with an omniscient God teaching u, there will be any cause for conflict between individuals. After all, u will all have the same opinions on subjects because God, being an omniscient being, would have the right answers to any question).
13-06-2013, 03:19 AM
(13-06-2013 02:08 AM)Timinator Wrote:  There will most definitely be conflict between individuals in hell, and there has been conflict in heaven b4, so it seems plausible to believe that it could happen again.

What, were you there?

(13-06-2013 02:08 AM)Timinator Wrote:  This doesn't seem likely though because I believe ppl that have accepted (or will when they die) accepted Jesus as their Saviour

I know a chunk of people who accepted the flip-flop wearing beard man as their savior before they died; many of them were still complete assholes, some even ended up as mass-murderers.

(13-06-2013 02:08 AM)Timinator Wrote:  will be those ppl that ultimately want to learn abut the infinite mysteries of our universe (and it seems unlikely that in a place with an omniscient God teaching u, there will be any cause for conflict between individuals. After all, u will all have the same opinions on subjects because God, being an omniscient being, would have the right answers to any question).

Whoa, whoa, whoa, what? Okay, so say the universe is infinite and filled with mysteries; doesn't that just mean there is an infinite chance that there is more that just the invisible and abusive sky-daddy out there to prove our existence? Also, you say that when everyone enters heaven, we all share an opinon about EVERYTHING? How can we then have individual opinion, the very thing that defines being human? You mean we are all mindless drones like ants or bees in service of a queen, that doesn't do anything either? I would rather go to hell and be tortured forever and still have my personality intact, than losing it and sitting still listening to stuff I will never have use for learning since I'm sitting front of a fucking god that created these needless mysteries.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
13-06-2013, 03:37 AM
Frankly Tim, I'm concerned for your soul.
Me and my 10 million followers believe that Sol is the one true god and all those that aren't followers of Sol will spend eternity in torture.
I feel the need to speak out and try to save you from this. Your false god and false religion are truly sending you on a path to hel.

I don't want to see that happen.

I understand that this is the way you were raised and I don't blame you for that, but Sol is the only one that can save your soul.

Sol + u = Soul
We are connected in this way. U are the gift that Sol has given.

Your beliefs have you in a very dangerous place. Have you ever asked yourself "What if I'm wrong" ?
Why take that chance ? Your soul is at stake here and if you gamble it away, you WILL spend an eternity in hel.

Leave behind your false religion and embrace the truth of Sol.

10 million other people believe as I do. Many have given their lives in defense of their faith. Do you really think someone would die for their faith if that faith wasn't true.
Their belief is 100% certain. Is yours ?

That little bit of doubt resides in you. When you look up into the sky and ask your false god, all you get is silence.
Aren't you tired of the silence ? Aren't you tired of hoping that your false god will do something to make your life and the lives around you better ? Constantly praying, constant asking, constantly wondering why nothing that you're doing is working out right.

Sol can help you with all of that. All you have to do is put your faith in Sol and you will see the light.

All you have to do is ask.

Welcome to the forums Tim

If you can answer these 3 questions, it would help me understand you better and then I'll be in a position to help you.

Is there a reason why you don't believe in Sol ?
Did something horrible happen in your life that made you turn away from him ?
Are you angry with him ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post