New Member - Lisa

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2016, 07:34 AM
New Member - Lisa
Hello, my name is Lisa. I live in NYC and I am married with a 10 year old adopted daughter and 3 miniature dachshunds. I became an atheist in high school. I am now 50. My father was also an atheist. He passed in 2011. The rest of my family claim to believe in "something" but nothing organized. I'm letting my daughter make up her own mind, but answer all of her questions honestly about my own ideas. I was raised Catholic. I began questioning my religion with bible stories being illogical. I immediately became very interested in philosophy and am to this day. Philosophy was one of my majors in college.
I just became the host of NYC Atheists book/film club and would love any suggestions. Ideally, if we could get an author/professor to guest speak at some point that would be terrific. We meet the second Friday of the month in NYC.
Thanks! I look forward to some interesting communication with fellow members.

I am still learning. -Michaelangelo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like venicerules's post
04-09-2016, 07:47 AM
RE: New Member - Lisa
Welcome to TTA.

Just an FYI... it's probably not a good idea to have your email address as your user name... Every time you make a post it goes into hundreds of search engines.

I can change it. Do you want to be known as Lisa from now on or ... ?

Smile

04-09-2016, 07:49 AM
(04-09-2016 07:47 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

Just an FYI... it's probably not a good idea to have your email address as your user name... Every time you make a post it goes into hundreds of search engines.

Smile

Hello! Can my user name just be venicerules? Thanks, so much!

04-09-2016, 07:51 AM
(04-09-2016 07:49 AM)venicerules Wrote:  
(04-09-2016 07:47 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to TTA.

Smile

Hello! Can my user name just be venicerules? Thanks, so much!

No.

Oh, alright then.

Big Grin

04-09-2016, 08:04 AM
(04-09-2016 07:34 AM)venicerules Wrote:  Hello, my name is Lisa. I live in NYC and I am married with a 10 year old adopted daughter and 3 miniature dachshunds. I became an atheist in high school. I am now 50. My father was also an atheist. He passed in 2011. The rest of my family claim to believe in "something" but nothing organized. I'm letting my daughter make up her own mind, but answer all of her questions honestly about my own ideas. I was raised Catholic. I began questioning my religion with bible stories being illogical. I immediately became very interested in philosophy and am to this day. Philosophy was one of my majors in college.
I just became the host of NYC Atheists book/film club and would love any suggestions. Ideally, if we could get an author/professor to guest speak at some point that would be terrific. We meet the second Friday of the month in NYC.
Thanks! I look forward to some interesting communication with fellow members.

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2016, 08:34 AM
G'day from Downunder. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
04-09-2016, 08:42 AM
Question RE: New Member - Lisa
g'day to you too!

04-09-2016, 09:17 AM
Welcome... And remember as Garrison Keillor said - "it is a Lutheran God in which we do not believe in". …....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Welcome!
04-09-2016, 09:46 AM
Welcome to the house of weirdos forum Lisa!

Smile

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.