New Member, lots of cats

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-03-2011, 09:10 PM

New Member, lots of cats
I originally posted a few one-off messages here, but realized that I've not actually made an introduction thread as yet, so here it is..

Well,
As you can imagine, I'm a long term and extremely staunch atheist, although unlike most atheists, I focus on Islam rather than Christianity).

I've always been an atheist, even as a child and at no point has the idea of god(s) or religion been believable to me (Although I've spent half my life attempting).

I have generally had a 'spiritual' belief shadowing my childhood, some Catholicism from the school I attended and an outside influence of Islam
(All 3 of which I denounce/reject publicly and in their entirety).

My first recollections of religion was at the age of 5-8 when I used to spend alot of my time being shown Old Testament movies (you know the ones) and Greek mythology movies from roughly the same era; It was at this time that I noticed that the only difference between the two is that one was still believed to be true...and that was it. Essentially leading me to conclude that the only difference between 'truth' and 'myth' when it comes to religion, was based entirely off the number of people who believed it was 'true' or a 'myth'.

My recent education was primarily Biology and Physics, I studied at the Astbury centre for structural molecular biology (one of the best in the country) and eventually left to pursue other occupational interests.

Coming back to present day, I recently began my channel and started gaining a level of support a few one-off conversations with some of the more popular skeptics like Dawkins, James Randi and Matt Dillahunty, and the channel is devoted to debunking all things Islamic, particularly 'Scientific miracles of the Quran'; and I'm also commonly found on the council of ex muslims forum.

Here is my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheIslammiracle

Thankyou for reading.
Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2011, 10:31 PM
RE: New Member, lots of cats
Where are the cats? I came to this thread hoping for cats.

Umm... if there aren't any cats here then as I've said elsewhere I really do appreciate your work, though I have trouble stating much about Islam myself.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2011, 10:33 PM

[Image: iz-it-be-caturday-yet-i-iz-still-waytin-757218.jpg]

This?
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sanctus's post
18-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I was expecting something a little more like this:

[Image: places_cat_sleep_001.jpg]

But since you did not actually provide any, and only used them as bait to lure us in, some of us have provided some. Tongue

Welcome!!! Big Grin

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
[+] 1 user Likes trillium13's post
19-03-2011, 02:14 PM
[Image: q-lolcats-galloping-galloway-private-pol...ashcat.jpg]

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
[+] 1 user Likes Norseman's post