New/Old Covenant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: New/Old Covenant
(31-10-2016 07:59 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(31-10-2016 10:09 AM)BillCotter Wrote:  I am currently looking not the concept behind the New and Old Covenant transition. I would love for someone to lay down a comprehensive and cited explanation of what is the accurate covenant.

Personally I think you should stop looking in the Bible altogether for accuracy and study The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy instead. As strange as this may sound, I'm quite serious about this. HHGTTG is IMO a vastly more enlightening book.

I couldn't agree more. The single Arthurian commandment to "Don't panic" could have done more for the world than the OT/NT ever could have. Ford Prefect would have made the perfect high priest and the pan-Galactic Gargle-Blaster a communion drink without equal.

Given the present state of the world, scholars think that the HHGTTG's entry on the planet Earth, which currently reads "Mostly harmful", is a textual error based on a careless (or lazy) scribe's mis-reading of the original text which read "Mostly harmless" thus leading to a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like docskeptic's post
02-11-2016, 04:33 PM
(02-11-2016 01:11 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  The single Arthurian commandment to "Don't panic" could have done more for the world than the OT/NT ever could have. Ford Prefect would have made the perfect high priest and the pan-Galactic Gargle-Blaster a communion drink without equal.

I can definitely get on board with the Pan-Galactic Gargleblaster. A hymnal full of Disaster Area songs, however, might not be such a good idea. Shocking
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2016, 05:16 PM
(02-11-2016 01:11 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  Given the present state of the world, scholars think that the HHGTTG's entry on the planet Earth, which currently reads "Mostly harmful", is a textual error based on a careless (or lazy) scribe's mis-reading of the original text which read "Mostly harmless" thus leading to a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Doc

Very good apologetic ad-hoc impersonation.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be.”
-P.C. Hodgell - Seeker’s Mask - Kirien
Find all posts by this user