New Planet at the edge of our Solar System may have been discovered.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: New Planet at the edge of our Solar System may have been discovered.
(20-01-2016 12:47 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 12:42 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  And the Sun is just the brightest star in the sky out there. Gasp

Do NOT mock me! Weeping

I don't think GZ was trying to mock you. From this proposed planet the sun would just be a very bright star.

We need a name for it though. In keeping with the tradition of naming planets after mythological deities I suggest Yahweh.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
20-01-2016, 12:59 PM
(20-01-2016 12:56 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 12:47 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Do NOT mock me! Weeping

I don't think GZ was trying to mock you. From this proposed planet the sun would just be a very bright star.

We need a name for it though. In keeping with the tradition of naming planets after mythological deities I suggest Yahweh.

I thought they were named after Disney Characters. Name it Goofy!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
20-01-2016, 01:01 PM

Hell no, while it is a myth in reality, humans still believe in this "Yahweh" and as long as they do, they will use it as more evidence to claim he is real.

We should name it Darwin, or Hitchens. Or Ayaan.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
20-01-2016, 01:06 PM

lol, tis alright, I was making fun. Smile that's what the funny smilie weeping was for.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
20-01-2016, 01:07 PM
(20-01-2016 01:01 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 12:56 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I don't think GZ was trying to mock you. From this proposed planet the sun would just be a very bright star.

Hell no, while it is a myth in reality, humans still believe in this "Yahweh" and as long as they do, they will use it as more evidence to claim he is real.

We should name it Darwin, or Hitchens. Or Ayaan.

Planet Seth. Laugh out load

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
20-01-2016, 01:24 PM
(20-01-2016 01:06 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 12:56 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I don't think GZ was trying to mock you. From this proposed planet the sun would just be a very bright star.

lol, tis alright, I was making fun. Smile that's what the funny smilie weeping was for.

Um...

Smartass
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
20-01-2016, 01:34 PM
We can't rename something that's already named. It's just Jötunheimr, described in Norse mythology as one of the nine worlds and home of the Jötnar, a race of giants.

It's rediscovery merely proves the legitimacy of Ásatrú or Norse paganism. Though I'm sure astronomers are gonna act like it's some new discovery and try to take credit for it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
20-01-2016, 01:36 PM
Well they're named after mythological folks right? So they finally found planet Jesus

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
20-01-2016, 01:36 PM
(20-01-2016 01:34 PM)yakherder Wrote:  We can't rename something that's already named. It's just Jötunheimr, described in Norse mythology as one of the nine worlds and home of the Jötnar, a race of giants.

It's rediscovery merely proves the legitimacy of Ásatrú or Norse paganism. Though I'm sure astronomers are gonna act like it's some new discovery and try to take credit for it.

Or Nibiru

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
20-01-2016, 02:00 PM
If I remember correctly, if we were to expand the definition of 'planet' to include Pluto, we'd have to add around another dozen or so extra solar objects to the list if we were to consistently apply the same criteria to them. I'll take 8 planets over two dozen or more, as I'd hate to imagine the mnemonic we'd need to invent to remember all of them. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post