New Puppy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2014, 03:44 AM
RE: New Puppy
(20-08-2014 06:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  I believe every word of it! Danes do lean on you, it's one of their characteristics, and once they do, you are theirs for life. Thumbsup

If you don't fall over under that weight, that is. Smile

They also do the running around in a big circle thing charging back at you knocking you over.

It's particularly fun when you don't realise that they are doing the circle thing and they run between your legs, lifting you up in the air and landing you in a cow pat.

Oh how I laughed.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-08-2014, 07:16 AM
(21-08-2014 03:44 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 06:25 PM)Dom Wrote:  I believe every word of it! Danes do lean on you, it's one of their characteristics, and once they do, you are theirs for life. Thumbsup

If you don't fall over under that weight, that is. Smile

They also do the running around in a big circle thing charging back at you knocking you over.

It's particularly fun when you don't realise that they are doing the circle thing and they run between your legs, lifting you up in the air and landing you in a cow pat.

Oh how I laughed.

And yet they can be ever so gentle and sensitive. When I was recovering from undiagnosed Lyme disease, I was barely able to walk at all. A Dane became my walking stick. She would stay glued to my side as I moved, allowing me to steady myself by holding on to her for dear life. She would navigate slowly and carefully, steady as a rock. The height of the dog was just perfect. No one taught her to do this, she just did it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-08-2014, 09:41 AM
Ok, the rescue has dropped off the list - she doesn't like small dogs.

The upper end breeder also has dropped off the list - she only has one female left and wants over $3000 for her, plus shipping and crate etc. Buying the last of a litter without being able to interact is a bit risky and that is too much money.

The local breeder remains in the race and I will see her on Sunday.

And there is a new contender: Not a Dane, but an English Mastiff. These are the biggest breed there is - not the tallest but the biggest. A weight of 200 pounds is not unusual. They are massive.

Pics:

Puppy

[Image: puppy_zpsb9f998b3.jpg]

and the adult:

[Image: adult_zps3f8c99b3.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
22-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Yummy new kitten

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
22-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Love them but you really have to want a huge dog. Smile

That puppy is adorable.

Good luck with the local one on Sunday.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
22-08-2014, 09:47 AM
I hope the 3,000 covers the cost of the bucket for the drool.
22-08-2014, 10:33 AM
(22-08-2014 09:47 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I hope the 3,000 covers the cost of the bucket for the drool.

Really? For the Mastiff probably. But she is local. Neither of my Danes ever drooled, and long ago I had a Saint Bernard who only drooled when totally overheated.

22-08-2014, 11:02 AM
(22-08-2014 10:33 AM)Dom Wrote:  Really? For the Mastiff probably. But she is local. Neither of my Danes ever drooled, and long ago I had a Saint Bernard who only drooled when totally overheated.

Sorry my mistake. I was thinking that the 3,000 was for the English Mastiff. My parents have a bullmastiff cross which drools quite badly. The Danes never did. They're lovely like that. They also never bit my head like my parent's bull mastiff once did.
22-08-2014, 11:13 AM
This season's must-have look is the off-the-face drool!

Make it look like beauty comes naturally to you by casually throwing on some drool before leaving the house.

[Image: 244rwo7.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
22-08-2014, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2014 11:44 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
One of my best friends has a mastiff, she's currently 235 pounds.

She is the most adorable, most gentle thing ever. She had to be carefully trained tho to never jump on anyone. At her weight she could do damage.

They have a huge tv and she will watch it...it's funny cause she'll jump up and walk straight to the tv...and blocks the whole set.

Her bed is a full sized mattress on the floor -- they said it was cheaper than buying a dog bed for her.

I absolutely -- adore her...She's easy going and fun. My dog adores her too...he looks like a puppy beside her. Smile

They call her Willow...which just cracks me up.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post