New Rapture ............. Kinda

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2011, 05:49 PM
New Rapture ............. Kinda
I work with a girl who has recently become a Christian. She was telling me today that there's going to be, not so much an apocalypse but an event, next year, nothing to do with the Mayan prediction or anything and that the Anti-Christ is going to appear and gather followers and stuff and then God or Jesus (presumably Jesus) is going to come down from heaven to fight it. Afterwards God/Jesus is going to take away all our overly extravagant possessions (which would REALLY piss me off when I just signed a 2 year contract on an iphone4). This is all apparently foretold in the Bible and she found out about it from some website.

Presuming that this isn't some amazing wind up (if it is they totally got me lol), has anyone else heard of this prediction or is it news to you all?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2011, 06:13 PM

Music RE: New Rapture ............. Kinda
(04-06-2011 05:49 PM)hughsie Wrote:  I work with a girl who has recently become a Christian. She was telling me today that there's going to be, not so much an apocalypse but an event, next year, nothing to do with the Mayan prediction or anything and that the Anti-Christ is going to appear and gather followers and stuff and then God or Jesus (presumably Jesus) is going to come down from heaven to fight it. Afterwards God/Jesus is going to take away all our overly extravagant possessions (which would REALLY piss me off when I just signed a 2 year contract on an iphone4). This is all apparently foretold in the Bible and she found out about it from some website.

Presuming that this isn't some amazing wind up (if it is they totally got me lol), has anyone else heard of this prediction or is it news to you all?

I'd ask her to show me in the Bible, chapter and verse relating to that which she's telling you is to occur in 2012.

The Rapture, the old one Wink , involves the ascension of the saints, the true believers in the Christ. After that comes 7 years of tribulation wherein Satan rules. After 7 years, Jesus returns and commands earth for a thousand years.

Taking away earthly possessions, is not mentioned. However, ascending to heaven in the Rapture causes one to leave behind their earthly possessions.

As I said, I'd ask her to support her claims with the Bible.

Edit to add: I meant to include this initially. This may be the site your friend was referring to. (LINK ~ Rapture Soon 2012)
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2011, 06:19 PM
RE: New Rapture ............. Kinda
I asked her if she read it in the Bible herself and she said she hasn't. Just on this unknown website. I'm presuming that its foretold in the Bible in the same way that Harold Campings rapture was foretold in the Bible (as in it wasn't lol).

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
04-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Well, there is what is now interpreted to mean, "rapture" in today's Bible. The why's and how of it all. However, the scripture says that no man knows when the son of man (Jesus) will return so as to officiate over that event.

So while Camping had it right that there is mention of a Rapture in the Bible, he and everyone else who predicts a date and time, and has in past history, were and are frauds. Which is especially evident when they cite the Bible as their source, and god's inspiration to deliver the message of that pending date and time, when that same Bible says it's not true because no one shall know. Being a closed canon, that means that part of the scripture isn't changed by god giving a whisper into some old coot's ear and telling him when.
Poor delusional Harold. Correction, not so poor Harold. Rolleyes
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2011, 07:41 PM
People seem to forget that the Bible was written for the people of "their" time... not ours. Jesus himself thought the end would come in his and his apostles own lifetime.... not 2k+ years in the future. The synoptic gospels all reflect this, along with the undisputed Pauline letters. It is only when you get to John that things start to shift... by the time it was being authored most of the apostles, if not all, were dead. Church fathers were left with a religion made up of a dead Jew and a failed apocalyptic message. I am sure some head scratching was taking place until it occurred to them to "shift" the message from the "end is near" to the "Jew is god and died for you" (taken from Paul). The problem is all the "end is near" items got left in. Thus today we are all plagued by a band of idiots attempting to find clues to the end of times buy looking at the first failed prediction of their own savor.