New STAR WARS trailer on Monday!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2017, 06:28 AM
RE: New STAR WARS trailer on Monday!
(07-10-2017 06:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 05:52 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Regardless, the Jedi didn't stop the Sith from taking the galaxy.

But did they really? Sure, a select few of them toppled the status quo, but their own new order didn't last even a single generation before itself was challenged and toppled. One can also easily argue that such one sided power in favor of the Jedi was itself unbalancing the Force, and that a reckoning of some sort was inevitable. Tongue
The Jedi booted it. They got lucky and there was a viable replacement available, one could have been killed bullseyeing womp rats when he was twelve.

As for balance in the Force, why the fuck would anybody give evil a level playing ground?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2017, 06:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 10:58 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(07-10-2017 06:28 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 06:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But did they really? Sure, a select few of them toppled the status quo, but their own new order didn't last even a single generation before itself was challenged and toppled. One can also easily argue that such one sided power in favor of the Jedi was itself unbalancing the Force, and that a reckoning of some sort was inevitable. Tongue
The Jedi booted it. They got lucky and there was a viable replacement available, one could have been killed bullseyeing womp rats when he was twelve.

As for balance in the Force, why the fuck would anybody give evil a level playing ground?

The Force is implied, somewhat in the movies and far more explicitly in the now defunct Expanded Universe, to me amoral. It is no more good or evil than gravity. This is explored further with 'neutral' force users and organizations, such as the Grey Jedi, who seek balance rather than tipping the scales in favor of either side. Even within Star Wars, the Dark Side is not simply evil. What it is, at least within the specific teaching of the Sith (the dark side is a cosmic force, and far larger than just this one sect), the Force is a means to power and self actualization. There is a great emphasis on personal empowerment as a means to personal freedom, but without any emphasis on empathy to curb that central tenant, is quickly turns into destructively self-serving narcissism.

For reference, here are the Jedi and Sith codes.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2017, 10:33 AM
So basically they could have a dog running that galaxy.
07-10-2017, 10:43 AM
(07-10-2017 10:33 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  So basically they could have a dog running that galaxy.

Jar-Jar Binks became a galactic senator for Naboo, so all bets are off.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-10-2017, 10:48 AM
(07-10-2017 10:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 10:33 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  So basically they could have a dog running that galaxy.

Jar-Jar Binks became a galactic senator for Naboo, so all bets are off.

Snoke is really Jar Jar Binks. It's going to be like the Wizard of Oz, but instead of a guy behind a curtain pulling levers it'll be Jar Jar using midochlorians.

Not really.

No
07-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Gonna be another eye candy movie that will be relegated to hokey religions and ancient weapons eventually.
07-10-2017, 02:18 PM
And then the Empire created an even BIGGER weapon which blew up the whole universe and....

The End.
07-10-2017, 05:38 PM
(07-10-2017 12:58 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Gonna be another eye candy movie that will be relegated to hokey religions and ancient weapons eventually.

I find your lack of faith disturbing . . . .

No
[+] 2 users Like neurotibotical's post
07-10-2017, 06:34 PM
(07-10-2017 05:38 PM)neurotibotical Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 12:58 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Gonna be another eye candy movie that will be relegated to hokey religions and ancient weapons eventually.

I find your lack of faith disturbing . . . .
I find your interest confusing.
10-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Loom, one of the critters you drew is in the trailer. Hope you got royalties.