New TED talk on death and afterlife

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: New TED talk on death and afterlife
(12-12-2013 08:34 PM)Diogenes of Mayberry Wrote:  "You get to spend eternity in heaven with your family. Er, uh, ya, sheesh...I dunno, that doesn't sound very appealing to me."
- Julia Sweeney in her TED talk.
Oh, hey there, Diogenes! Haven't seen you in a long time; welcome back. Smile

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Ya, been busy with multiple projects at work, traveling in China, and a basic lack of sleep.

Manifest Insanity @ Amazon
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Just a few thoughts on the subject.

This has been attributed to many dying comedians from WC Fields to Stan Laurel even to Donald Crisp (an actor from the 30's and 40's) who on their death bed said ......"Dying is easy, comedy is hard."

Some people who have had near death experiences don't fear death. I think women don't fear death quite as much a men but I don't have any data on that.

My husbands grandmother had a long illness and was in constant pain with failing kidneys and other problems. She just wanted to be left alone and allowed to die. Her family realized she was right and just let her go. I think a lot of people get that way.

I had a very bad viral infection when I was in college and got so sick that death would have been welcome especially if it had gone on for much longer.

I come from a long lived family who usually die around 95. When I hit around the age of 80 or so I'm planing on having a supply of some drug that will knock me out and let me die with some manner of control over myself. That is if I feel that things are coming to an end anyway.

In the mean time. Live it up people!

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post