New TTA-Like Gaming Community?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2014, 09:00 PM
New TTA-Like Gaming Community?
Ok, so I know I'm brand new here, but I've been a huge fan of TTA's YouTube page for a while and decided to sign up on the forums today. I'm also an avid gamer (when I have the time), and hobbyist web designer. I've been in and out of Xbox 360 clans for about 6 years now (becoming a Division Leader in the original KSI, and after the split, doing lot of freelance work building up smaller clans). But I'm tired of freelancing and wanting something to keep my attention for a little while, so I decided I want to start my own clan.
I have plenty of experience, a lot of ideas, and a decent amount of time and money to put into this. All I'm asking is, before I start anything.... would anyone even want to be a part of it? Or even like the idea?
At the moment I only have a 360, but with this forum I'm sure it could turn into cross platform (plus I could make another site), and if you guys want to get to know me first; I have no problem adding people on here, just message me for my GT. Otherwise, I can answer any questions, comments or concerns you guys might have in the comments below.
-Thanks for the read,
Ryan

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
08-01-2014, 12:48 AM
RE: New TTA-Like Gaming Community?
I like the idea, but I'm not sure how big a community this will attract. Thankfully running a forum and registering a domain is pretty cheap these days, so it couldn't hurt to give it a shot.

Count me in, though. I used to run my own forum and would be more than happy to help in whatever way I could. Plus I'm a cross-platform gamer so I'm sure I can bring something to the table in some way.

XBL and Steam: Anudist

Feel free to add if you'd like, or PM me if you have anything in specific you'd want to discuss.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
08-01-2014, 01:19 AM
xbox has been like a crack pipe to me lately, I glance at it walking past and it whispers to me to playyyyyy.
100+ hours a week on steam pc games I seem to be ok with (user= " novahux "), i can alt tab and pretend to do work every now and then.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
08-01-2014, 01:57 AM
What!? Spore...when do you...like...what is the word I am looking for? Umm, right. Live! That's it! Like, eat, sleep, go to the store, work, go to school, whatever it is that you do.

08-01-2014, 01:59 AM
Dude you have 4 posts, I don't think you're the right person to accurately lead a TTA clan of sorts.
Not that I think there would be a want for such a thing anyway.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
08-01-2014, 09:13 AM
(08-01-2014 01:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Dude you have 4 posts, I don't think you're the right person to accurately lead a TTA clan of sorts.
Not that I think there would be a want for such a thing anyway.

Never said wanted to lead a TTA clan. The title says "TTA-Like". What I meant is that it would be similar to this site (and others like it). By no means am trying to rip off TTA, or steal members, or anything of the sort. All I'm trying to do is bring this type of a community to gaming. (because to my knowledge, there is none)

What I'm actually thinking about doing is making a gaming clan that would:
1. Have a member base (where you're not a part of clan politics, you just share a part in the clan)
2. Have a competitive side (for clan battles)
3. Not only be for atheists/agnostics, but just for open minded people in general that don't judge based on religion, race, sexual orientation, etc...
4. Hopefully be cross platform
5. Work with TTA and other like-minded communities to bring a "home away from home" type of place for people that don't know about sites like this.

I realise I'm not well known on this forum, and I can respect that. All I'm saying is give me a chance. Just because you don't know me through this forum doesn't mean I'm not qualified to do this. So pretty much regardless, I'm going to make this eventually, I just wanted to share it with this community first because I felt like it would be the right thing to do.
If you disagree, that's fine. It's just something I want to do in my spare time, I'm not forcing anyone to join lol Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
08-01-2014, 09:19 AM
(08-01-2014 12:48 AM)Anudist Wrote:  Count me in, though. I used to run my own forum and would be more than happy to help in whatever way I could. Plus I'm a cross-platform gamer so I'm sure I can bring something to the table in some way.

That would be perfect actually, since I can't devote 100% of my time to this I could use other members with forum/clan experience. I'll definitely hit you up on Xbox after I get home from work (about 4pm PFC)

(08-01-2014 01:19 AM)sporehux Wrote:  xbox has been like a crack pipe to me lately, I glance at it walking past and it whispers to me to playyyyyy.
100+ hours a week on steam pc games I seem to be ok with (user= " novahux "), i can alt tab and pretend to do work every now and then.

No life's are always big help when starting a clan (no offense of course, I'd be just like you if I didn't have to work lol). I'll try and get you and Anudist in a party at the time mentioned above.

Atir aissom atir imon
08-01-2014, 09:31 AM
I was also thinking of a name. What do you guys think about "FB" for "Fire and Brimstone"? Lol, made me laugh Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
08-01-2014, 04:21 PM
But is there a need for an 'atheist' gaming community??

From my experience religion has NEVER been a concern in the gaming community, hell it's never even come up.
The closest it gets to a religious argument is when you get a ps fanboy and xbox fanboy going at eachother.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-01-2014, 05:29 PM
(08-01-2014 04:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  But is there a need for an 'atheist' gaming community??

From my experience religion has NEVER been a concern in the gaming community, hell it's never even come up.
The closest it gets to a religious argument is when you get a ps fanboy and xbox fanboy going at eachother.

Lol, fair enough. I honestly can't answer that question for everyone. All I can do is throw in my two cents:
Growing up, video games weren't just waste of time to me. It was an escape from my house. It was actually my safe place. I could be anyone or anything without any fear. Nowadays, it is more of a hobby, but I love playing with people that are like-minded.
So is there a need? Probably not, but would it hurt? No. I'm not saying atheists are being persecuted in games, I'm just saying that it would be nice to play with like minded people.
(besides I did NOT limit the clan to only atheists, refer to my last reply)

Atir aissom atir imon