New Texas gun control law allows concealed guns on campus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2016, 07:15 AM
RE: New Texas gun control law allows concealed guns on campus
(13-10-2016 07:57 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I feel, that if these gun folk went to a different country, e.g. Australia, NZ or whatever for a few months, got out of their gun circles, they might start to lose some of that paranoia about not having a gun on them. They might realise that the world, although not 100% safe, isn't really that scary either.

Australian spiders are way scarier than American guns. I'll stay here in the nice cozy US.

Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2016, 07:28 AM
(14-10-2016 07:15 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(13-10-2016 07:57 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I feel, that if these gun folk went to a different country, e.g. Australia, NZ or whatever for a few months, got out of their gun circles, they might start to lose some of that paranoia about not having a gun on them. They might realise that the world, although not 100% safe, isn't really that scary either.

Australian spiders are way scarier than American guns. I'll stay here in the nice cozy US.

Tongue

The reason we don't have as many poisonous animals is because they're intimidated by our guns. Proven scientific fact Yes

I'd also like to add that I've been living in Canada for the past 5 years, lived in China for 4, and was previously stationed in Japan, and work unarmed in the midst of a wide variety of law breakers.

Nonetheless, when I cross into the US, the first thing I do is pick up my VP9..

'Murican Canadian
14-10-2016, 07:51 AM
(14-10-2016 07:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 06:40 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Yeah, I just picture you with a gun in a bar. Gasp

This is proof that you have no idea what you are talking about. You have no clue as to who I am since you clearly don't connect what I post with your knee-jerk, ignorant posts.

So fuck off, troll. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, blood on the floor in five minutes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-10-2016, 09:38 AM
(14-10-2016 07:51 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 07:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  This is proof that you have no idea what you are talking about. You have no clue as to who I am since you clearly don't connect what I post with your knee-jerk, ignorant posts.

So fuck off, troll. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, blood on the floor in five minutes.

Apparently you have control issues when consuming alcohol...

Best suggestion -- quit drinking.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-10-2016, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2016 11:04 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
(12-10-2016 05:11 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  The title was the headline to the BBC article.

Just hoping every 21yo permitted concealed carrier is a sane, trained (for use of guns in crowded public places) individual.

Otherwise this is a sign of a sick society getting sicker IMHO.]

[Later correction.] Though I notice most private institutions seem to have opted out.

I don't see it as a problem. CCW holders are good people and don't pose a threat to the public; just folks concerned for their safety, that's all. They may actually stop a very dangerous person in an emergency, saving more lives.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
15-10-2016, 02:42 PM
(15-10-2016 02:12 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 05:11 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  The title was the headline to the BBC article.

Just hoping every 21yo permitted concealed carrier is a sane, trained (for use of guns in crowded public places) individual.

[Later correction.] Though I notice most private institutions seem to have opted out.

I don't see it as a problem. CCCW holders are good people and don't pose a threat to the public; just folks concerned for their safety, that's all. They may actually stop a very dangerous person in an emergency, saving more lives.
I acknowledge your faith in human nature.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
15-10-2016, 03:32 PM
(15-10-2016 02:12 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  

I don't see it as a problem. CCCW holders are good people and don't pose a threat to the public; just folks concerned for their safety, that's all. They may actually stop a very dangerous person in an emergency, saving more lives.
All of them?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2016, 05:31 PM
(13-10-2016 08:50 PM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(13-10-2016 08:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  The problem then becomes collection.

Any solution, any solution, will by necessity be multi-generational.

I myself think that going forward, smart guns keyed by biometrics or RFID chips should be the only guns allowed manufacture. In company with that, regular psychological reviews of gun purchasers/owners should be mandated, the failure of which should result in the gun being disabled.

Of course, we'll have to buy back dumb guns. I'd be amenable to historic/collector exceptions, but most guns currently out and about in America should be required to be bought out during a sundown period based upon the gun's date of purchase.

Couple this with harsher penalties for illegal ownership, and over forty or fifty years, we will see reduced illicit access to guns, reduced ownership of guns by the mentally-imbalanced, and still allow law-abiding gun owners to pursue their interest.

I know already I'll catch flak from both sides of this debate, and that's cool.

I do actually recognise the problems, perhaps impossibility, of safely recalling all weapons, Thump, but that does not actually destroy my argument that the gun culture, or the "national personality" that maintains it, is the root of many ills in America.

Hmm, makes it pointless to argue for the unsolvable, and thus makes one open to being accused of trollism, with some justifcation. After a while it just becomes a futile mental exercise. I like and miss such mental exercise, no pub discussion/debating groups round here.

Also causes bruising to forehead, severe head aches and, as tonight, insomnia (0345 and two hours sleep so far).

Note to self: stay out of arguments after 9 pm.

Oh, I wasn't trying to "destroy" your argument, just offering my own take on one of its difficulties.