New Texas gun control law allows concealed guns on campus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2016, 12:41 PM
RE: New Texas gun control law allows concealed guns on campus
(12-10-2016 11:34 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You have nothing by carpet-chewing. Time you went bye-bye.

That lower lip of yours sticks out any further - a bird' s gonna poop on it........ - things Grandma used to say......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-10-2016, 01:13 PM
(12-10-2016 05:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah - must be a bad idea --- since all those "NO GUNS ALLOWED" signs went up -- there hasn't been ANY problems.....
Rolleyes

I've never seen one in any of our schools.

No drugs, no tobacco

Never saw one mentioning guns.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-10-2016, 02:09 PM
(12-10-2016 01:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 05:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah - must be a bad idea --- since all those "NO GUNS ALLOWED" signs went up -- there hasn't been ANY problems.....
Rolleyes

I've never seen one in any of our schools.

No drugs, no tobacco

Never saw one mentioning guns.
Some schools here in Michigan do have them.

The "Drug Free School Zone" ones in some areas are stylistically done, and while eye catching, seem to imply that it's a school zone where you can get free drugs........

Go figure...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
12-10-2016, 02:17 PM
(12-10-2016 05:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  They're people who more likely have never touched a firearm - and are convinced that firearms are capable of leaping up and killing people at random.
This would be a strawman, not a very good one, not a very convincing one. But a strawman none-the-less.

(12-10-2016 05:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  That's simply fuckwit stupid.
Yes, as I said, not a very good strawman.

(12-10-2016 05:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If someone has nefarious plans to kill, terrorize, or maim others -- they're GOING to ...
...be very happy if guns are readily accessible and if they don't look out of place carrying loaded guns in public places.
12-10-2016, 02:27 PM
(12-10-2016 02:17 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 05:59 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If someone has nefarious plans to kill, terrorize, or maim others -- they're GOING to ...
...be very happy if guns are readily accessible and if they don't look out of place carrying loaded guns in public places.

This is incredibly naive. Guns are easily concealable and readily available to criminals.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2016, 02:40 PM
(12-10-2016 02:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 02:17 PM)Stevil Wrote:  ...be very happy if guns are readily accessible and if they don't look out of place carrying loaded guns in public places.

This is incredibly naive. Guns are easily concealable and readily available to criminals.

I'm speculating here (because I don't know much at all about the subject), but it wouldn't surprise me if a criminal could obtain a gun quicker and easier than a law-abiding citizen (assuming, of course, that neither party already has a gun).
12-10-2016, 02:47 PM
(12-10-2016 02:17 PM)Stevil Wrote:  ...be very happy if guns are readily accessible and if they don't look out of place carrying loaded guns in public places.

And to lunatics, professionally obstreperous asshat, plain old nasty people, etc. Should their rights be violated?
12-10-2016, 03:06 PM
(12-10-2016 02:47 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 02:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  This is incredibly naive. Guns are easily concealable and readily available to criminals.

And to lunatics, professionally obstreperous asshat, plain old nasty people, etc. Should their rights be violated?

The right to have a firearm is not unrestrained. No rights are.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
12-10-2016, 03:20 PM
(12-10-2016 03:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 02:47 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  And to lunatics, professionally obstreperous asshat, plain old nasty people, etc. Should their rights be violated?

The right to have a firearm is not unrestrained. No rights are.

I agree. But more guns means more opportunities for seriously dangerous people to get guns.
12-10-2016, 03:24 PM

Not as readily available in NZ as it is in the US.

We don't have this massive supply line that you guys have.
Legal guns can easily become illegal guns.