New Theist Members

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2014, 09:44 AM
RE: New Theist Members
(08-02-2014 09:38 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  So you would impose your fashion ideas on others? Perhaps these people believe they already look "nice."

If you don't like how someone looks in a nice restaurant, go to one that has a dress code. Or don't look at them.

I have no use in my life for classy fashion du jour attire. I don't own any, nor would I wear it as I do find it uncomfortable. Why should I try to enjoy a meal at a classy restaurant when I'm uncomfortable? It ruins the whole thing. Plus I save a whole lot of money not chasing every whim perpetuated by some self-claimed "fashionista."

I dress for modesty and comfort. My clothes are clean, even pressed when appropriate. I don't have curlers in my hair, I don't wear flip-flops, but I do wear loose un-fashionable jeans and t-shirts, or sweats at home. I don't haunt shopping malls, I won't ruin your dinner by looking unappealing in your eyes in a restaurant because I don't go to malls or restaurants that think what I'm wearing is more important than the temperature and taste of the food. But I do occasionally appear in public when forced. I'll be dammed if I give up my comfort because you don't like it.

Calm the fuck down, dress like a pig for all I care.

How somebody dresses , says a lot about who they are.

And I'll continue to think that way regardless of what you think..... get it ? Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2014, 10:04 AM
(06-02-2014 01:02 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 11:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  They come in waves. Wait till Lent.

Why? Do they give up posting on atheist forums for 40 days (plus/excluding Sundays) or something? Tongue

It takes a while for them to realize that they cannot convert anyone, and that god has not given them the gift of conversion.
[+] 1 user Likes UndercoverAtheist's post
08-02-2014, 10:37 AM
(08-02-2014 09:44 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 09:38 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  So you would impose your fashion ideas on others? Perhaps these people believe they already look "nice."

If you don't like how someone looks in a nice restaurant, go to one that has a dress code. Or don't look at them.

I have no use in my life for classy fashion du jour attire. I don't own any, nor would I wear it as I do find it uncomfortable. Why should I try to enjoy a meal at a classy restaurant when I'm uncomfortable? It ruins the whole thing. Plus I save a whole lot of money not chasing every whim perpetuated by some self-claimed "fashionista."

I dress for modesty and comfort. My clothes are clean, even pressed when appropriate. I don't have curlers in my hair, I don't wear flip-flops, but I do wear loose un-fashionable jeans and t-shirts, or sweats at home. I don't haunt shopping malls, I won't ruin your dinner by looking unappealing in your eyes in a restaurant because I don't go to malls or restaurants that think what I'm wearing is more important than the temperature and taste of the food. But I do occasionally appear in public when forced. I'll be dammed if I give up my comfort because you don't like it.

Calm the fuck down, dress like a pig for all I care.

And I'll continue to think that way regardless of what you think..... get it ? Wink

I don't dress like a pig. I dress appropriately for the work I do, much of which occurs in a barn.

Don't judge a book by its cover. You don't know who I am, and you'd probably be slightly surprised.

So you're a snob. Got it. Carry on.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
08-02-2014, 11:03 AM
The misconception here is that to look "nice" you have to be uncomfortable.

If what you're wearing is uncomfortable then its not fitting you right.

This is true for heels as well as any other fashion item.

(I make sure every pair of heels I wear are awesome AND comfortable.)
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
08-02-2014, 12:13 PM
(08-02-2014 10:37 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I don't dress like a pig. I dress appropriately for the work I do, much of which occurs in a barn.

Don't judge a book by its cover. You don't know who I am, and you'd probably be slightly surprised.

So from my original 2 sentance observation, you go into an assuming tirade of what you 'thought' I implied.

That doesnt show much critical thinkng on your part,and a ton of speculation as to my intent. Well done

And as for me being a snob, it seems you havent been paying much attention around here and made yet another hefty assumption.... well done again.

If you think that someone like me is a snob, your in bigger trouble than you think. Wink
08-02-2014, 12:58 PM
New theist members are like mayflies they come in swarms,annoy others and then die out in a whimper.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
08-02-2014, 01:05 PM
(08-02-2014 12:58 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  New theist members are like mayflies they come in swarms,annoy others and then die out in a whimper.
As long as they leave with cracks in their foundations.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
08-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Life is too short for uncomfortable clothes.

Aww crap, wrong thread, sorry. Angel

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
08-02-2014, 03:03 PM
When you are around a group of people who don't share your conformation bias, it can be startling.
[Image: stock-footage-business-man-surrounded-by...sharks.jpg]
^^Low Tide^^
Especially if you're Bill O'Reilly and you have no concept of tides and how they work.

I imagine they leave to be around others who are as deluded as they are.
Nice and safe in the kiddie pool, instead of out in the ocean with the sharks.

[Image: austinpool.jpg]

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
08-02-2014, 08:26 PM
(08-02-2014 10:37 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 09:44 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Calm the fuck down, dress like a pig for all I care.

I don't dress like a pig. I dress appropriately for the work I do, much of which occurs in a barn.

I always admire people who will bother (sometimes) to press their clothes. I think it says a lot about a person's self image.
To my way of thinking - clothes don't have to be cocktail dresses or suits - they can be casual as can be........ but clean and tidy (and even some things pressed) says a great deal to me.

I know people look at clothing differently and some judge accordingly...... but the truth is in the details (like clothes being clean - causal or dressy)

One thing I have noticed over the years is that I get far better service - at restaurants, stores, gas stations, etc.........when I am more dressed up than when I am casual. And that shouldn't be the case BUT people tend to pay attention to money and I guess they always have.

I was "here here"ing WarHorse's post because lately when my husband and I go out to eat I have seen some seriously dedicated slobs. And I'm talking grown ass women and men. Not even bothering to brush their hair. Crap.
Maybe I'm just seeing more where we live or noticing more since we moved here - but jesuschristontoast --- at least put on a clean shirt --- right?
I know sometimes people work hard - serious labor - hell I've had those jobs myself - BUT I didn't go out sweaty and gross. No I went home first and took a shower.

Yanno what I mean?

Again - I think it's so cool that you sometimes press something you wear. I was starting to think I was the only human left who owned an iron and ironing board. LOL

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post