New Theme

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2011, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2011 01:36 AM by DeepThought.)
New Theme
What do you think?

I didn't make it the default - I only forced it on current users.. Any browsing guests will still see the site as before.

I only did this so more of you will come here and say something. Allot of you skip over this forum unless something drastic happens Tongue

Now you can all change it back if you like. It's in the user control panel (User CP icon - top left), then in the menu on the left click 'Edit Options', then in the bottom right is a 'Board Style' option.

Default was the name of the old theme.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2011, 01:39 AM
RE: New Theme
My eyes!

[Image: entrancedp1.gif]

To much white! I dont like it lolz. It is difficult to see the separation between modules.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes MasterRottweiler's post
14-04-2011, 02:02 AM
Ok, I changed it back.. I was hoping for more reactions than that.... Oh well.
14-04-2011, 02:06 AM
@GodVirusDeleted

No worries my friend. Im not the only one who can give an opinion, You can enable the white theme and see if the rest of the crew like it, probably other members would like the white theme.

Peace.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2011, 06:48 AM
I'd leave it for a day or two to give everyone a chance to see it. Usually when something like that changes, I need a while to decide whether I like it or not.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
14-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Me gusta 'Apart Night' (white mixed with not too much blue). Much more comfortable to read than the Default.
Thanks.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
14-04-2011, 12:47 PM
I think I'm going with Apart Night as well. looks good. I think it could be a good idea to go with the white setup for new users. When I see a all black website the first thing I think is "geeks live here". I'm guessing I'm not the only one here who remembers the time when all "cool" websites were dark and gloomy?

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
14-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Thank you for drawing my attention to the options. After checking them, I too am going with Apart Night.

Something something something Dark Side
Something something something complete
14-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I like the Apart Night too. Just keep in mind the colors need to be tweaked a bit to make it work with the settings. (ie. at the top left where you can go back to the main forum isn't visible until you put your cursor over it) GVD will work on it a bit more in the coming day or two. Thanks a ton BTW for doing such a great job! I'd still be figuring half this stuff out if it weren't for you!!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
14-04-2011, 09:16 PM
I fixed some of the presentation issues with the theme. I think it better than the old theme so I've pushed all users on it.

I will spend more time on it later fixing the rest of the presentation. The thread view page is the one I focused most effort into.