New Theory regarding black holes from Stephen Hawking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2015, 11:29 AM
New Theory regarding black holes from Stephen Hawking
http://www.iflscience.com/space/black-ho...new-theory

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
25-08-2015, 12:01 PM
RE: New Theory regarding black holes from Stephen Hawking
But what does it mean?
[Image: 48809158.jpg]

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
25-08-2015, 12:37 PM
(25-08-2015 12:01 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  But what does it mean?
[Image: 48809158.jpg]

It means you can now blame a black hole for eating your homework Laugh out load

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
25-08-2015, 01:19 PM
Man, I'm starting to think that man's a genius.

Seriously, if not for modern medical science (and some luck and perseverance on his part), we would have lost this brilliant mind. Hoooray, science!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
25-08-2015, 01:47 PM
(25-08-2015 11:29 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  http://www.iflscience.com/space/black-ho...new-theory

Don't have time to look at it in depth. Did a 15 second skim and the first thing that came into my mind is Hawking is stealing(mayby building upon) an idea of Leonard Susskind's.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
25-08-2015, 02:01 PM
(25-08-2015 01:47 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 11:29 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  http://www.iflscience.com/space/black-ho...new-theory

Don't have time to look at it in depth. Did a 15 second skim and the first thing that came into my mind is Hawking is stealing(mayby building upon) an idea of Leonard Susskind's.

Well then, we'll ALL just have to wait with baited breath, won't we, until our resident genius has time to do his "in depth review" of this and enlighten us all on this subject that he's obviously so completely in command of.

Weeping

Jesus H. Fucking Christ

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-08-2015, 02:37 PM
I'd wait to parse a source more trustworthy than IFLScience.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
25-08-2015, 02:37 PM
(25-08-2015 01:47 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

I basically agree with this, although "steal" is a little strong. Hawking and Susskind had a famous disagreement on this issue. Susskind even wrote a well-known book about it (The Black Hole War). I don't think Hawking would be brazen enough to claim Susskind's ideas entirely as his own. But what's in the article basically sounds like Susskind's side of the argument (Hawking originally claimed that no information could escape from a black hole).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
26-08-2015, 12:08 AM
(25-08-2015 02:37 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I basically agree with this, although "steal" is a little strong. Hawking and Susskind had a famous disagreement on this issue. Susskind even wrote a well-known book about it (The Black Hole War). I don't think Hawking would be brazen enough to claim Susskind's ideas entirely as his own. But what's in the article basically sounds like Susskind's side of the argument (Hawking originally claimed that no information could escape from a black hole).

I agree "steal" is a bit strong which is why I also added, "maybe build on". After reading it a little more closely I think the proper phrase is "inspired by". However they are sufficiently different that I think you can call them separate ideas.

Susskind theorized that the information isn't lost but saved on the "surface" of a blackhole. Hawkings is claiming that information isn't lost but actually radiates away from the black hole in the form of Hawking's radiation.
26-08-2015, 07:26 AM
(26-08-2015 12:08 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Susskind theorized that the information isn't lost but saved on the "surface" of a blackhole. Hawkings is claiming that information isn't lost but actually radiates away from the black hole in the form of Hawking's radiation.

Hawking radiation

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]