New Theory regarding black holes from Stephen Hawking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 06:47 PM
RE: New Theory regarding black holes from Stephen Hawking
(26-08-2015 12:08 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(25-08-2015 02:37 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I basically agree with this, although "steal" is a little strong. Hawking and Susskind had a famous disagreement on this issue. Susskind even wrote a well-known book about it (The Black Hole War). I don't think Hawking would be brazen enough to claim Susskind's ideas entirely as his own. But what's in the article basically sounds like Susskind's side of the argument (Hawking originally claimed that no information could escape from a black hole).

I agree "steal" is a bit strong which is why I also added, "maybe build on". After reading it a little more closely I think the proper phrase is "inspired by". However they are sufficiently different that I think you can call them separate ideas.

Susskind theorized that the information isn't lost but saved on the "surface" of a blackhole. Hawkings is claiming that information isn't lost but actually radiates away from the black hole in the form of Hawking's radiation.

His name isn't Hawkings.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-08-2015, 12:53 AM
(26-08-2015 06:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 12:08 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I agree "steal" is a bit strong which is why I also added, "maybe build on". After reading it a little more closely I think the proper phrase is "inspired by". However they are sufficiently different that I think you can call them separate ideas.

Susskind theorized that the information isn't lost but saved on the "surface" of a blackhole. Hawkings is claiming that information isn't lost but actually radiates away from the black hole in the form of Hawking's radiation.

His name isn't Hawkings.

[Image: a3831029-17-spelling-nazis-spelling-nazi...424374.jpg]
27-08-2015, 01:14 AM
(27-08-2015 12:53 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 06:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  His name isn't Hawkings.

Careful there Blowjob, wouldn't want you being further 'victimized' by the Grammar Nazis on this forum. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-08-2015, 04:03 AM
https://www.kth.se/en/aktuellt/nyheter/h...y-1.586546 From the source. Smile

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-08-2015, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2015 05:05 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-08-2015 12:53 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 06:47 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  His name isn't Hawkings.

I forgive you for implying I wear a dunce cap. But the dunce is the one who doesn't know how to spell the name of one of the most famous men in the world. Stop giving theists a bad name by making the world think you people are out of it, unaware and uncharitable. Jebus no likey that shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-08-2015, 07:56 AM
(27-08-2015 04:03 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  https://www.kth.se/en/aktuellt/nyheter/h...y-1.586546 From the source. Smile

"Is it destroyed, as our understanding of general relativity would predict? If so, that would violate the laws of quantum mechanics."

Let's see, violate general relativity or violate the laws of quantum mechanics? Consider

How about our models are still not correct? Thumbsup

Tarting it up with holograms isn't a very convincing explanation. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user