New To Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2015, 05:34 AM
RE: New To Forum
Welcome. Being objective AND a theist must be very difficult.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like TubbyTubby's post
17-05-2015, 06:03 AM
This is not the intro section. Angry

Oh, and prepare to be violated. Tongue

living word
[+] 7 users Like houseofcantor's post
17-05-2015, 06:06 AM
(17-05-2015 06:03 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Oh, and prepare to be violated. Tongue

[Image: mr-kinky.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
17-05-2015, 06:19 AM
(17-05-2015 06:06 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 06:03 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Oh, and prepare to be violated. Tongue

[Image: mr-kinky.jpg]

[Image: JjgShSF.gif]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
17-05-2015, 07:02 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
17-05-2015, 07:07 AM
Behe Laughat ... Facepalm

"Objective theist" = oxymoron Sadcryface2

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-05-2015, 09:04 AM
(16-05-2015 08:38 PM)objectivetheist Wrote:  Hello everybody. I'am new to this forum. I have started reading on atheism and watching debates. I'am intrigued as a theist by the theory of evolution.

I posted on another atheist forum and debated but was eventually banned because the forum was only open to atheists. I didn't realise at the time of registering. So I hope we are free as theists to discuss and debate issues on here.

I do not have an atheist friend to discuss with therefore I decided to join a forum.

I read Michael Denton's work on evolution theory as well as Michael J Behe. Recently I started reading upon the counter arguments from the talkorigins website.

So it will be interesting to get information from well informed atheists on here!

Welcome aboard. May I make a few suggested readings (below)? they are relatively cheap and available on amazon. These are the two textbooks that were used when I took my evolutionary science course at Saint Leo University several years back...highly recommended. I am decently familiar with the overall process and would entertain intellectual, civil discussion with you if you so desire, time permitting of course. The central point of evolution is it is observable, predictable and falsifiable, thus factual. Now, is that the explanation for sentience? Spark of life? Definitive answer for the big questions of life? Doubtful.

Does the fact we do not have ALL of the answers to the wonders of life...the universe...man's consciousness mean we have to make up supernatural answers like a world/universe/life creating super genie with zero evidence? No. It is completely possible we may never know all of the answers, I would submit to you anyone who claims to have the answers to LIFE is lying...making faith claims. Especially when it is so easy to discredit the source of knowledge in relation to "god"...the bible. Anyway, welcome, I look forward to seeing if you can substantiate, validate and articulate your worldview as well as be open minded enough to seriously and introspectively consider the plethora of evidence against the hubris Anthropocentric based perspective. Looking forward to seeing you around the board.

Recommended reads:

Coyne, J. (2009) Why evolution is true. London: Penguin Books Ltd. Print.

Shubin, N. (2009) Your Inner Fish: A journey into the 3.5 billion-year history of the human body. New York. Vintage Books. Print.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
17-05-2015, 03:16 PM
Welcome aboard, objectivetheist. I hope your stay is long and interesting.

(17-05-2015 09:04 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  [SNIP]
Does the fact we do not have ALL of the answers to the wonders of life...the universe...man's consciousness mean we have to make up supernatural answers like a world/universe/life creating super genie with zero evidence?
[SNIP]

I like to take this argument one step further...I say "Suppose I accept these gaps in our knowledge are an excellent indication that a god exists. Why should I believe it's your god and not that other guy's?"

At best, they mumble something about the bible. So I say "Which version? There's about 50 of them. And xtians can't even agree on which books should be in the bible. Catholics have three more than the Protestants and the Eastern Orthodox church has four or five more".
[+] 3 users Like jockmcdock's post
17-05-2015, 04:15 PM
This is objectivetheist's first post, and while it's not in the Intro section, I'll still take it easy and say welcome. Also, I feel like far too many on here posted stuff that wasn't needed. This new member didn't ask for lectures on the bible and God of the Gaps Fallacies. An interest in evolution has been stated and a quest for conversation, that's it.

Talkorigins is a GREAT place to find answers and counter apologetics. Not sure who said that wasn't a good site, but it's one of the best for truth in evolution.

I would be happy to answer any evolution questions you might have, and please remember as others have stated, it has NOTHING to do with the origin of life.

I hope you stick around awhile.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
17-05-2015, 04:38 PM
I see evolution as the one main point upon which atheists are adamant. What I find intriguing is that atheists and others claim there is a scientific consensus on the theory of evolution. If there is an academic consensus does this make it a reality? What I mean by this is how do we view structures of scientific theories? What are the limitations of evolution?

I also see both groups fighting tooth and claw on this particular issue.
Is it a scientific 'fact' that is in reality an appeal to authority? Or an appeal to ad populum?