New To Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2015, 02:17 AM
RE: New To Forum
(20-05-2015 02:13 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(19-05-2015 06:25 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Augustine was long dead by the time Aquinas was born. Kind of hard for them to have a "dispute" now isn't it ? You cannot reference even ONE text where they had the "dispute" you claim.

Well there was trial of dead pope so maybe even such dispute is possibleWink And couldn't one of them disputing claims of other?

They could have had a disagreement in theory. I don't remember ever hearing about it. If they did, I want a reference to where it's written. I'm fairly certain Aquinas never argued for the position this dude said he did.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2015, 02:24 AM
(20-05-2015 02:17 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 02:13 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Well there was trial of dead pope so maybe even such dispute is possibleWink And couldn't one of them disputing claims of other?

They could have had a disagreement in theory. I don't remember ever hearing about it. If they did, I want a reference to where it's written. I'm fairly certain Aquinas never argued for the position this dude said he did.

It appear that there was some disagreement though on the subject of original sin. However I don't know if it's official stance of the church or rather just some guy thoughts - http://www.memoryhole.net/~chris/researc...l_sin.html

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
20-05-2015, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2015 01:34 PM by Commonsensei.)
This is a Chihuahua
[Image: vand-chihuahua-toy_4.jpg]

And this is an Irish Wolf Hound
[Image: IrishWolfhoundFrankBrendan.JPG]

They're both dogs. But how did they get to be so drastically different? Was it some mad scientist cutting parts off wolfs and sowing them back together? Or maybe a magical wizard with the ability to wave his wand and change size, shape and characteristics of a species?

Both are alternatives, and I'm sure people can think of many more.

But none would have demonstrative results that selective breeding dose.

If evolution wasn't true we could see these results. Things would always be the same. Never changing. Threw controlled breeding we can get more aggressive animals, or more docile. We can get make large animals or tinier. Ones with more smoother coats or shaggy. These results can happen in just a few years/generations. We see the same when science labs breed bacteria, or fruit flies. It's the same all across the board.

This happens threw out the world, and has been happening for a very long time before we got our hands into it. The larger the population, and less controlled the environment the longer it takes for these changes to be observable.

Islands are the best place to see this. We only find species like the Kangaroo, or Duck Billed Platypus on Australia. Or like the Galapagos we can get a large variety of finch's

[Image: Darwins-Finches-Galapagos.jpg]

These finch's all have the same ancestor. One type of finch that was able to get to this island and not leave. Generations upon generations some finch's got better at eating bugs and their children mimicked, others got better at collecting seeds, so on and so forth. The ones that were able to adapt survived, the rest died.

Evolution, is demonstrable. It also produces results.

This shouldn't be a debate anymore. I understood evolution, long before I became an Atheist. They are two separate subjects.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post