New To Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: New To Forum
(17-05-2015 05:34 PM)objectivetheist Wrote:  Then for me the question as objective enquirer is 'how do I verify the facts?'

You go to school and do your own homework and LEARN what the facts are, and what the evidence is. There's no free lunch. No one is going to "hand" you the truth.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2015, 06:30 PM
(17-05-2015 06:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 06:05 PM)objectivetheist Wrote:  You stating it to be a fact is equivalent to the Bible lover saying God is a fact. The similarity is that both of you follow a body of authority. Majority of people cannot verify these facts but must conform to the scientific clergy. Reminds of the Church.
No one can believe in something without verification. A theist must believe in God based on proof and belief in evolution must be on proof. So how do these groups verify proof?

No it isn't. There is no "evidence" for the Bible being true. The fact you would say that demonstrates you have absolutely no education in science, or Biblical Studies. You're attempting to create a dichotomy where there is none. There is no "scientific clergy" The fact that you would say that just shows where you come from, and how you were indoctrinated. Jesus said "he chose you", (not you him). So I see you know nothing about both science and religion. Clearly you're a newbie in both subjects. Christianity teaches faith is a "gift". It's not about "proofs". What ? You never read the Bible ?
Evolution is supported by evidence. There is no evidence for any religious claim. Faith is the suspension of reason. Sounds like you need a course in BOTH science and religion. How old are you ?

I believe is only valid if it is based on proof. Stregnth of proof varies from person to person.

My age is irrelevant and do not resort to ad hominem attacks.
[+] 1 user Likes objectivetheist's post
17-05-2015, 06:31 PM
(17-05-2015 06:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 05:34 PM)objectivetheist Wrote:  Then for me the question as objective enquirer is 'how do I verify the facts?'

You go to school and do your own homework and LEARN what the facts are, and what the evidence is. There's no free lunch. No one is going to "hand" you the truth.

That is what the theologian will say. Seems that religious people and atheists are the samee in this regard.
17-05-2015, 06:33 PM
(17-05-2015 06:31 PM)objectivetheist Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 06:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You go to school and do your own homework and LEARN what the facts are, and what the evidence is. There's no free lunch. No one is going to "hand" you the truth.

That is what the theologian will say. Seems that religious people and atheists are the samee in this regard.

Except the theologian offers no proof...
17-05-2015, 06:36 PM
(17-05-2015 06:30 PM)objectivetheist Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 06:21 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No it isn't. There is no "evidence" for the Bible being true. The fact you would say that demonstrates you have absolutely no education in science, or Biblical Studies. You're attempting to create a dichotomy where there is none. There is no "scientific clergy" The fact that you would say that just shows where you come from, and how you were indoctrinated. Jesus said "he chose you", (not you him). So I see you know nothing about both science and religion. Clearly you're a newbie in both subjects. Christianity teaches faith is a "gift". It's not about "proofs". What ? You never read the Bible ?
Evolution is supported by evidence. There is no evidence for any religious claim. Faith is the suspension of reason. Sounds like you need a course in BOTH science and religion. How old are you ?

I believe is only valid if it is based on proof. Stregnth of proof varies from person to person.

That's not what the Bible says. "No one shall come to me unless the Father draw him" is what Jesus said. If you buy the Bible you MUST accept there are no proofs. Religious faith is not about "proofs". If it were, faith would be unnecessary. So thanks for admitting up front you will never be a religious person. Evolution is proven by DNA. If you don't get that, your grasp of science is very very limited. You clearly DO need some education, as you know nothing about religion or science.

No theologian talks about "facts". If you know of one, give us their name.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
17-05-2015, 06:43 PM
(17-05-2015 06:13 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  Oh, forgot to ask....

if you're really sick, do you go to a doctor?

It would be essential to go to a doctor. I'm all for science and medicine.
17-05-2015, 06:47 PM
(17-05-2015 06:36 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 06:30 PM)objectivetheist Wrote:  I believe is only valid if it is based on proof. Stregnth of proof varies from person to person.

That's not what the Bible says. "No one shall come to me unless the Father draw him" is what Jesus said. If you buy the Bible you MUST accept there are no proofs. Religious faith is not about "proofs". If it were, faith would be unnecessary. So thanks for admitting up front you will never be a religious person. Evolution is proven by DNA. If you don't get that, your grasp of science is very very limited. You clearly DO need some education, as you know nothing about religion or science.

No theologian talks about "facts". If you know of one, give us their name.

I'm not Christian and believe the Bible is tampered. I only believe in a Creator based upon traditional kalam arguments. As I said previously I folliw Ashari creed. Or do you need schooling on theology to know what that is?
17-05-2015, 06:49 PM
(17-05-2015 06:43 PM)objectivetheist Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 06:13 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  Oh, forgot to ask....

if you're really sick, do you go to a doctor?

It would be essential to go to a doctor. I'm all for science and medicine.

"The similarity is that both of you follow a body of authority. Majority of people cannot verify these facts but must conform to the scientific clergy."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!

Hypocrisy much?
[+] 1 user Likes jockmcdock's post
17-05-2015, 06:55 PM
(17-05-2015 06:47 PM)objectivetheist Wrote:  I'm not Christian and believe the Bible is tampered. I only believe in a Creator based upon traditional kalam arguments. As I said previously I folliw Ashari creed. Or do you need schooling on theology to know what that is?

Thanks, asshole. Most of us here (I'm guessing) were brought in one branch of christianity or another. Many people here can quote the bible better than most christians.

No, we don't need schooling.

But run your arguments past us. I'm sure none of us have ever heard them before.
17-05-2015, 06:55 PM
(17-05-2015 06:49 PM)jockmcdock Wrote:  
(17-05-2015 06:43 PM)objectivetheist Wrote:  It would be essential to go to a doctor. I'm all for science and medicine.

"The similarity is that both of you follow a body of authority. Majority of people cannot verify these facts but must conform to the scientific clergy."

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!

Hypocrisy much?

Not really. I believe that science and belief in a creator go hand in hand. I do not see a contradiction. Atheism does not have a monopoly if science. Science and medicine like language are shared entities for all humanity. Religious and non religious people can contribute to it.