New Unreal Tournament Announced

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 06:38 PM by Free Thought.)
New Unreal Tournament Announced
[Image: unreal2k4-small21.png]

So, the newest incarnation of Unreal Tournament has been announced and Epic have decided to take a strange turn with it's development: declaring that the game will be completely free to players and practically built by the community.

Starting from yesterday, a small band of UT veterans was gathered by Epic who began work on the game immediately. In addition to this, the creation process will involve the UT community and unreal Engine 4 devs:
Steve Polge Wrote:From the very first line of code, the very first art created and design decision made, development will happen in the open, as a collaboration between Epic, UT fans and UE4 developers. We’ll be using forums for discussion, and Twitch streams for regular updates.

So good news for you Unreal Tournament fans out there who didn't know it already.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
08-05-2014, 05:53 PM
RE: Unreal Tournament
Like ID they make money on the engine licence, so It makes sense commercially.
People getting involved, contributing to this will be making games/app that feed licence fees back later.
better not be a freemium travesty, although I still play UT2004 still.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
08-05-2014, 06:38 PM
RE: Unreal Tournament
(08-05-2014 05:53 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Like ID they make money on the engine licence, so It makes sense commercially.
People getting involved, contributing to this will be making games/app that feed licence fees back later.
better not be a freemium travesty, although I still play UT2004 still.

According to Epic's announcement, when the game is available for play it will be completely free, not an Allegedly Free /Free to Pay Game.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-05-2014, 06:42 PM
RE: New Unreal Tournament Announced
Need a new fucking gears of warDodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-05-2014, 06:44 PM
(08-05-2014 06:42 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Need a new fucking gears of warDodgy

No.

No we do not.

We've had more than enough Gears.

damn young people, trying to derail my game news threads...

[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
08-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Sounds like a ploy to get free labor to work on their game.

[Image: oscar.png]
08-05-2014, 10:10 PM
Might be my first UT.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
08-05-2014, 10:59 PM
(08-05-2014 06:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 06:42 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Need a new fucking gears of warDodgy

No.

No we do not.

Agreed.

Although I'd like to see a throwback to the original Unreal.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
09-05-2014, 04:11 AM
(08-05-2014 10:59 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 06:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  No.

No we do not.

Agreed.

Keep in mind, this UT is essentially crowd-sourced, so if the community at large wants original UT throw-backs, there'll be plenty of them.

09-05-2014, 05:33 AM
(09-05-2014 04:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 10:59 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Agreed.

Keep in mind, this UT is essentially crowd-sourced, so if the community at large wants original UT throw-backs, there'll be plenty of them.

No, not the original Unreal Tournament, I'm talking about the original Unreal.

[Image: ContentRetailUnrealBox.jpg]

Failing that, I'd love to see another Unreal Championship 2 (an original XBOX exclusive) that added 3rd person and melee weapons into the mix.

[Image: 1169022238.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]