New Unreal Tournament Announced

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2014, 05:39 AM
RE: New Unreal Tournament Announced
(09-05-2014 05:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 04:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Keep in mind, this UT is essentially crowd-sourced, so if the community at large wants original UT throw-backs, there'll be plenty of them.

No, not the original Unreal Tournament, I'm talking about the original Unreal.

[Image: ContentRetailUnrealBox.jpg]

Failing that, I'd love to see another Unreal Championship 2 (an original XBOX exclusive) that added 3rd person and melee weapons into the mix.

[Image: 1169022238.jpg]

I stand by my statement.

If it's what the peoples wants.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2014, 07:12 AM
(08-05-2014 06:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 06:42 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Need a new fucking gears of warDodgy

No.

No we do not.

We've had more than enough Gears.

damn young people, trying to derail my game news threads...

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
09-05-2014, 01:43 PM
(08-05-2014 06:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 06:42 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Need a new fucking gears of warDodgy

No.

No we do not.

No we haven't had enough gears. Unreal tournament is fun but I need a new gears for xbox 1. Plus it is not derailing both are made by epic games, thats why I brought it up.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-05-2014, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2014 04:01 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(09-05-2014 01:43 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 06:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  No.

No we do not.

No we haven't had enough gears. Unreal tournament is fun but I need a new gears for xbox 1. Plus it is not derailing both are made by epic games, thats why I brought it up.

But the UT games are fast and surreal with an eclectic mix of aesthetics, they're fun and imaginative (although a lot of that was lost with UT3).

Gears is all dour, brown colored space marine dudebros who just fight monsters when they're not gargling hot asphalt and shouting expletives.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-05-2014, 04:19 PM
(09-05-2014 03:22 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 01:43 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  No we haven't had enough gears. Unreal tournament is fun but I need a new gears for xbox 1. Plus it is not derailing both are made by epic games, thats why I brought it up.

But the UT games are fast and surreal with an eclectic mix of aesthetics, they're fun and imaginative (although a lot of that was lost with UT3).

Gears is all dour, brown colored space marine dudebros who just fight monsters when they're not gargling hot asphalt and shouting expletives.

Not to mention that:

What is the point of making a new Gears game?
It has practically zero from for manoeuvre in terms of innovation: The core of the game wont allow a break from the dry cover-based shoot-outs and the fan-base sure as hell wont allow it.
Different topic for a different thread.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-05-2014, 12:04 AM
(09-05-2014 03:22 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 01:43 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  No we haven't had enough gears. Unreal tournament is fun but I need a new gears for xbox 1. Plus it is not derailing both are made by epic games, thats why I brought it up.

Don't forget sluggish, slow paced and linear with zero replay value.

They were average games at best and that's being generous.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
31-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Okay, this news has been out for a short while, now, but just in case anybody who might be interested and didn't already know:

The first Unreal Tournament '2K2014' death match footage was released on the 30th

01-06-2014, 03:37 PM
(31-05-2014 05:51 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Okay, this news has been out for a short while, now, but just in case anybody who might be interested and didn't already know:

The first Unreal Tournament '2K2014' death match footage was released on the 30th

Something tells me that this will be good, but not like the originals.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-06-2014, 03:57 PM
(01-06-2014 03:37 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(31-05-2014 05:51 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Okay, this news has been out for a short while, now, but just in case anybody who might be interested and didn't already know:

Something tells me that this will be good, but not like the originals.

Well, I've never played an Unreal game at all, so I wouldn't really know.

Remember though, on this project the community is calling the shots and it has only been a couple of weeks since the thing was even started on.

Also, I derped and forgot to link to the article in the post so here it is.