Not as good as Fallout 3
On Planet X, Fallout XVII is the best
[Show Results]

New Vegas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2011, 01:24 AM
RE: New Vegas
Just beat the new Old World Blues DLC, took loads of screenshots and made a slideshow. Take a look, it was pretty decent.

It was quite entertaining, much better than Honest Hearts was. The new landscape that you're dropped into (Big MT) is very well designed and there's some really interesting locations spread around. While I was playing through the DLC I spent most of my time just exploring the area rather than following the quests in a linear fashion. The dialogue was hilarious and light years more entertaining than the script in Honest Hearts was. There weren't that many unique characters to get to know but the ones you are introduced to are rather unique themselves and almost always comical. There were quite a few new and unique weapons / items to find laying around as well. All in all it was a fairly good DLC and it's certainly worth checking out for any Fallout fan. I'd give it an 8 / 10.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MindprowlerMusic
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2011, 07:32 AM
WHAT, a new DLC is out, damn, damn, damn, see ya in a couple of days...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
12-08-2011, 06:15 AM
I'd say I liked New Vegas better than Fallout 3 mostly because the dialogue and craziness was more in line with the first two Fallouts.

I read they brought in the developers from the original games to make this one, it's supposed to be based on Van Buren that never got finished and I think I get more of a feeling from the old games than I did in Fallout 3.

I've always appreciated RPGs a lot more than FPS so I didn't quite like the way they turned Fallout 3 into a FPS. That said, being a total fan of Fallout 1 & 2 (never did get into tactics) I had to play through Fallout 3 and I quite enjoyed it. My biggest problem with both the new ones is that the level cap is too low, both my gf and I are completionists so we have to do all the side-quests and a lot of exploration and when you suddenly don't gain any xp it takes away a bit of the feeling...
12-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Ah, level cap... Why didn't you Google a bit and removed that stupid thing? Open the console and type: setgs iMaxCharacterLevel 100 and of you go to level 100... Not that instant, it only unlocks the level cap to 100, you can set any number you want. Be careful to write down the code exactly, all the caps and spaces...

And if you loved Fallout 1&2 better then 3 and NV as I did, why in the world didn't you play Tactics? Tactics are excellent, looks like 1 and 2, only with much better graphics and some great, great new tactical stuff concerning fighting (stand, crouch, prone position). Only downside is that you only go on missions, you don't get free roaming and a lot of talking, but it is still extremely worth to play even without that.

I forbid you to not-play this!!

Smile

And I have played this last DLC, it is excellent, I loved it, those "doctors" are crazy as hell, specially Dr. Morbius or whatever his name is...

-Hunter S. Thompson
12-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Well, mainly because I play Fallout on my 360 nowadays :-)

I tried playing Tactics for some hours but since there was no role playing I just didn't care much for it. I guess I was mostly disappointed that it wasn't a new Fallout and even if it had other qualities I didn't quite see them :-)
27-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Balls.

I'm giving this game another shot due to game shortage. (Borderlands 2 is only accessible when the wife is present) I'm finding it more entertaining then the last time I played it. I still find the speed to which the main character travels to be way too fucking slow. I mean holy shit. I constantly check my limbs to make sure I'm not actually crippled. But now that I've been a few places it's not so bad because I can fast travel.

What the fuck is up with the deathclaw super strength? They are killing machines. I avoid at all costs. They pretty much always kill me even when I have my dudes with me.

My other issue is the fucking over abundance of invisible barriers. I hate that shit. Let me climb over that small rock. For fuck sakes. It's smaller than the fence I just jumped over.

Still, I'm enjoying it more this time around. I'm friend to all, minus Mr. House whom I murdered, and the legion whom I will murder. I've only stolen like two things. Pretty proud of my wasteland attitude. Last time I tried playing I was a stone cold killer. Murder was the norm, blood was spilled.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
02-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Deathclaws are taken care of with Anti-matter rifle with incendiary bullets. One shot - one kill. But if there are more than one of them, they tend to come near your head very quickly and off it goes. The head, that is.

I hope you have applied all the DLC packs. They add to the game pretty much and are very fun to play. I might play this again as well...

-Hunter S. Thompson
02-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Yeah I just went and beat it thinking I would start again because of an accidental mission choice and poor save preparedness but now I'm feeling all fallout burned out.

The only way I'd pay for dlc on new Vegas is if theres a speed the fuck up button.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2012, 12:52 AM
DLCs take you to smaller maps, so you walk across them faster. It's all about perceptive. The DLCs are the best part of NV for me.

-Hunter S. Thompson