New Xbox?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2013, 06:40 PM
New Xbox?
Does anyone have any information on the next gen xbox? Has it been announced? Or are they waiting till E3 to announce? Etc...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: New Xbox?
Just rumours so far. Odds are it will get shown at E3. Unless they do a Sony and show off just the controller....

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
11-05-2013, 06:53 PM
(11-05-2013 06:51 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Just rumours so far. Odds are it will get shown at E3. Unless they do a Sony and show off just the controller....

They are classier than Sony. I hope they do more than that.
16-05-2013, 12:39 PM
21st of May.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
16-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Don't buy it. Fuck consoles. Get a good computer and an Nvidia card, if you got the right stuff you can run anything for the next 10 years.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
16-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Classier than Sony? Must be an american thing because I think the complete opposite.

After 20 years of intense gaming, I am quitting though. These will be my last consoles.
And no, I don't have a PC anymore either.
And for a computer-technician: that's weird XDD

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
16-05-2013, 05:27 PM
(16-05-2013 02:50 PM)Caveman Wrote:  After 20 years of intense gaming, I am quitting though. These will be my last consoles.
And no, I don't have a PC anymore either.
And for a computer-technician: that's weird XDD

Why and why?
16-05-2013, 05:31 PM
(16-05-2013 02:14 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Don't buy it. Fuck consoles. Get a good computer and an Nvidia card, if you got the right stuff you can run anything for the next 10 years.

....and then spend hundreds to thousands of dollars upgrading within the next five.

Tongue

Oh, and to be on topic:
[Image: sillies-20130507-dc7fc.gif]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Only thing interesting about this gen so far is the shared memory pool. Combined with the common architecture that Sony finally adopted, it should allow for developers to easily make multi-platform games. Its yet to be seen if the new xbox will have anything new or interesting.

Last gen was a mixed bag. 360 really didn't do anything interesting in hardware, but built quite an impressive online community. PS3s Cell architecture was strange for programmers, and ultimately was kind-of a failure when it came to multi-platform releases... But, PS3 popularized blu-ray.

The shared system and GPU memory will be implemented in Nvidia's Maxwell line later this year(or early next), which will allow for impressive numbers, since DDR4 Ram will also be available then.

Even still, the PS4 can already be outperformed by 1-2 year old PC systems... I'm still interested to see what xbox brings to the table. I hope they do something unique, cause Sony really isn't.
16-05-2013, 08:36 PM
(16-05-2013 06:45 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Even still, the PS4 can already be outperformed by 1-2 year old PC systems... I'm still interested to see what xbox brings to the table. I hope they do something unique, cause Sony really isn't.

I'm really skeptical of that statement, actually. We haven't really seen anything from the PS4 yet, except for some gameplay trailers, and nobody has had their hands on the hardware. We don't know how the new APU type architecture is going to perform combined with the shared memory pool, and considering the lack of massive overhead from the typical OS, there should be more room for power in terms of resource availability. Personally, I think it will be on par with the bulk of gaming systems out there being built today. Except for the really high end multi-GPU systems of course.

I think it a mistake to compare consoles to PC's, personally. This coming from someone who uses his PC and Xbox 360 religiously. I just barely sold off my PS3 while I felt I could still get money for it. I consider myself fairly well rounded, enough to have a mostly impartial view of the gaming world at least.

I think you're right about the cross platforming though, it would be nice to see some independant studios who have committed to either the 360 or the PS3 start to make games for both systems. Considering the expected hardware specs of both, I would think they will be comparable in terms of development.