New Xbox?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2013, 02:00 AM
RE: New Xbox?
I like console gaming... All I said was PC faster and suddenly there is butt hurt all over about which is "better" in general. Wtf is that? I played gta4 exclusively on 360 because there was such an active community even years later, PC looked fantastic, but there was nobody to play freeroam with like a year after release. They've each got a place it seems.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2013, 04:09 AM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2013 04:14 AM by Adenosis.)
(17-05-2013 11:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  PC is always going to be better because you can upgrade PC's and new latest and greatest parts are coming out seemingly every day.
What's the best now is meh in a year.

The point of a console is not to be able to keep up with PC hardware wise.
The point is that I can buy it and I know that it will play any game I buy for it. And if I play multiplayer I know that my system is not a factor like PC because everyone is using the same system. On PC I have to worry about frame rate and all that bullshit. On console it's slap the disk in and I'm away.
Plus, while the mouse and keyboard is the better controller performance wise, the xbox controller (and ps3) are just far better for comfort and ease of use.

True, this is why I prefer consoles. I can spend a measly sum to get a device that I know will play all the games I purchase, instead of spending three to four times as much just to make sure it plays those same games. All you have to worry about is your internet connection, and as long as your not living in parents basement who have the cheapest connection possible you should be fine.

Has anyone seen this yet?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

20-05-2013, 05:11 AM
(19-05-2013 07:52 PM)Anudist Wrote:  The simple fact is that consoles make gaming and multimedia much more accessible and easy to use for the average end user. Simply because you or I have spent time learning how to build and use a computer properly doesn't mean everyone else is willing or able to do so. Shitting on these threads only makes you look like petty, or look like you have very basic need to just feel you are on the right side of an argument. It doesn't do you, or anyone else, any good.

Got to admit it's pretty wierd you are willing to insult someone over what hardware they use. PC gaming is extremely misunderstood. You can get a stable computer that run the same stuff for lower prices than a console. Sorry, but people are lazy and they don't look into it.

And before anyone claims that a computer that is cheap will not be able to run newer games, just take a look at the inferior ports of Skyrim and Crysis 3 to the PS3 and Xbox 360. In the end, consoles are computers too.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
20-05-2013, 06:37 AM
(20-05-2013 05:11 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Got to admit it's pretty wierd you are willing to insult someone over what hardware they use. PC gaming is extremely misunderstood. You can get a stable computer that run the same stuff for lower prices than a console. Sorry, but people are lazy and they don't look into it.

And before anyone claims that a computer that is cheap will not be able to run newer games, just take a look at the inferior ports of Skyrim and Crysis 3 to the PS3 and Xbox 360. In the end, consoles are computers too.

Hardly insulting, petty is what you are being if you choose to judge someone for choosing a console over your precious PC. At any rate, an insult is not what I was intending to put forward.

PC gaming is far from misunderstood, only recently have hardcore PC gamers painted themselves as pariahs. PC gaming, in its current form (online almost completely) has been around longer than online console gaming by several years. It had its time to establish itself, and it has never left, and will never leave, the market. Other things have come along, and because it challenges your favored method of gaming, for some reason you seem to think it warrants evangelism. Oddly fitting considering the nature and subject matter of this board.

It is so much easier for the average consumer to buy a console, plug in a few cables, turn it on, put in a disk, and be playing online with their friends all in just a few minutes, than it is to deal with PC's in general. You're right, people ARE lazy, that's why consoles are so popular. But there isn't a damn thing wrong with that. There is very obviously a place for it in the market, and because YOU choose to game in a different way doesn't make you any more or less right.

Please, please, PLEASE stop with the attacks on consoles. There is absolutely no need for it, and it really does make you look petty, at the very least it's annoying. There is plenty of room in the market for all of it.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
[+] 1 user Likes Anudist's post
21-05-2013, 08:09 AM
(20-05-2013 06:37 AM)Anudist Wrote:  It is so much easier for the average consumer to buy a console, plug in a few cables, turn it on, put in a disk, and be playing online with their friends all in just a few minutes, than it is to deal with PC's in general.

You seem to forget the fact that PS3 and Xbox is not as different or easy as you think. You can't just pop in a disk in the machine and you'll be playing at once anymore like you did on the PS2 or even NES for that matter. Games still need to installed on the console, just like on a PC or a Mac. You must download several gigs of update software to make sure your system runs well, and let's be honest, a PC has no less wires or cables needed to power it up.

You make it look like dealing with something as simple as Windows 7 a hard thing to do. As I said before, I'm no programmer; I get the PC stuff just aswell as anything else. The misunderstood thing about PC's is the fact that people think it's complicated and expensive to get a computer that can run for example Skyrim.

You are right though about the fact that most people play consoles. It made profit back in the day when the NES could run games about as complicated as what was on a Commadore 64, and it's kept it like that all the way through with clever advertisement; there's a reason why the first thing you see in a Gamestop store is the games for consoles. Still, hardware wise, the consoles are inferior and will stay like that untill consoles eventually become stationary computers.

The future on the other hand, lies not with Sony or Microsoft. It lies within smartphones and tablets, who can now run pretty big games like GTA: Vice City on a machine that can fit in the palm of your hand. And the way Sony and Microsoft runs it now, almost putting games second and unnecessary applications and media first, well, it's going hit rock bottom eventually.

Yes, I know... EA. But give it a listen, he makes sense.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
21-05-2013, 08:16 AM
ANNOUNCED TODAY
YAY EXCITEMENT
HAPPINESS
BEAUTY

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2013, 10:55 AM
5 minutes to the reveal... Still time to get on the live feed if interested.
21-05-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm twitching. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-05-2013, 11:57 AM
I just love how the Call of Duty thing is using buzzwords.

The presentation is pretty much drowning in buzzwords.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-05-2013, 12:09 PM
I like certain types of games on consoles, and certain types on PCs/Macs.

If I'm playing something like Civilization or the Total War series, the PC is the way to go for me. I used to build my own PCs (I'm an IT tech, after all), but nowadays I'd rather configure and order one online (my current PC is from iBuyPower).

However, I prefer to run games like Skyrim and Halo on a console (XBox). However, I remember playing Ultima, Doom, and other roleplaying/FPS games on my PC back in the day, and it was just fine.

Either way, I don't have a lot of interest in online or co-op playing...just never got into it, perhaps because I'm an older Gen-Xer who grew up without that option. And often I go for months without playing *any* games, but then all of a sudden I'll get the urge and play one or two games almost every day for months on end. Not sure why that is...