RE: New Xbox?
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/games/new...erage/#/21
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-05-2013, 04:47 PM
If they make the console any bigger I could bury a horse in it Confused
At least we got to see it.

They said each console will ship with a kinnect, could make it very costly in that case.

Integrating it within a television experience? Going to be interesting to see how subscriptions go with that (probably powered by sky) and also how that will work in the UK with our television licensing laws.

Laughed when I saw they were making a Halo television series, Halo is shit.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
21-05-2013, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2013 05:36 PM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
When the PS3 was released, I grabbed one ASAP. For a year or two, I just had my PC and PS3. I eventually got a 360, since it had a better community, and more of my friends. So I got excited and kept an open mind about the XBOX 720 (Xbox One)

Well, I wasn't very impressed with the reveal... A whole lot of nothing was said about the actual hardware. 5 billion transistors, and 8 gigs of ram... That doesn't tell me much, even about the two things they DID say. What kind of ram is it? Will it be a pool of shared system and gpu GDDR5 memory like the PS4? (I doubt it, since it wasn't mentioned)

The rest of the stuff was just a bunch of voice recognition and little apps that could be had for any system.(The fantasy sport team demonstration was neat though, if its auto-updated in real time... But I don't even watch sports)

The EA sports cutscene thing was lackluster. I can only hope it was rendered in realtime, because it didn't look particularily good.(But better than PS3 and 360)

I think I'll be going with the Sony and my PC, again...
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
21-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Same for me, PC and PS4.

Most of the features of Xbox One are things a media center (ooohhh like the ps3 and the soon to be ps4) can already do. Hell, a lot of TVs are "smart" TVs with those features. I also don't have cable TV and that is falling off hardcore, as of late.

Quote:What kind of ram is it? Will it be a pool of shared system and gpu GDDR5 memory like the PS4? (I doubt it, since it wasn't mentioned)

DDR3 apparently.

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
21-05-2013, 06:40 PM
I hardly watch TV, maybe 2 hours a week.

The whole "live TV on Xbox One" thing is kind-of neat, but I doubt I'd use it. Besides, the only HDMI output I have on my satelite receiver is already going to the TV. If that single output were going to the Xbox One, I would need to have it on every time I wanted to watch TV.

Kinect sucks, but so does the PS Move. They just seem so unnecessary. Who wants to move entire limbs when you can just move your thumbs? The voice recognition seemed pretty good though, IF it wasn't staged.

I'm pretty sure PS3 was more powerful than 360, but it suffered due to the cell architecture being difficult to program for, which then made the end result similar to the 360s.

Now I'm pretty sure the PS4 is more powerful than the Xbox One, AND it will use the same architecture. In-game performance should be superior.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
21-05-2013, 11:10 PM
I heard that they will stop people from trading games on xbox one. Games you buy for the new xbox you will own for life.

Apparently ps4 is going the other way leaving stuff open. Im suprised Sony has finally learnt something.

If the above really is true and then that sounds like the death of the xbox.
22-05-2013, 01:37 AM
(21-05-2013 11:10 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I heard that they will stop people from trading games on xbox one. Games you buy for the new xbox you will own for life.

Apparently ps4 is going the other way leaving stuff open. Im suprised Sony has finally learnt something.

If the above really is true and then that sounds like the death of the xbox.

I heard these rumors too, however, I can't seem to find a reliable source making this claim. I do know that there won't be backwards compatibility, but that was unavoidable since they were going with a completely different hardware setup.

[Image: giphy.gif]
22-05-2013, 01:43 AM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi...re-orders/
Yep, looks like the rumors were bullshit.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7-5758...ails-hazy/

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
22-05-2013, 02:34 AM
So looks like I'll be getting a ps4 if I do get one (not looking promising this time around to be honest. PC is just so much better).

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post