New Xbox?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2013, 06:03 AM
RE: New Xbox?
So far the early estimates are that the ps4 will have 1.5 times the gpu power of the next gen xbox. That's significant enough to have an effect on sales.

Found this vid that kindof makes fun of the xbox launch.

It's still too early to tell, but I get the feeling they messed this one up and it will fall flat on it's face.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2013, 06:42 AM
It wont fall on its face the same reason CoD hasn't fallen on its face.
Fanboys.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
22-05-2013, 07:22 AM
I think I'll stick with my 360.

at least until I can get enough money for a good gaming PC. then, I am converting.

I shall still covet my N64, PS1-2 and Xbox 360 on occasions though.

I fear my DS shall not survive this transition.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Everything I feared has come to pass. And more.
- Used games are being harrassed. (Which will lead to fines by the European Comission, because the courts have ruled that property must be allowed to be sold).
- Always or almost always online.
- Design: It's just a black dvd player, not even a litle bit of design that says gaming system.
- Actual console paymentplans with Xbox live subscriptions. WTF! Miss a payment and the thing stops working?

I am completely done with this hobby.
I'll just stick to watching blurays on my PS3.
Maybe if I get one for free, because it uses less electricity than the current models, but that's it.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
22-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Oh noes! Used games are being taxed and/or blocked entirely!

Who really cares? This is how I see it:

Consoles:
NEW game (unused) - $50 - $60
NEW game (used) - $45 - $55
RECENT game (unused) - $40 - 50
RECENT game (used) - $35 - 45
OLD game (unused) - $20 - $30
OLD game (used) - $15 - $25

I could be wrong, but it seems that you usually save $5 when buying used...

Over the last week, I bought 4 AAA games on Steam. None of them were older than July 2012, and I paid less than $50 total. Download is the future anyway.
22-05-2013, 05:01 PM
(22-05-2013 04:23 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Over the last week, I bought 4 AAA games on Steam. None of them were older than July 2012, and I paid less than $50 total. Download is the future anyway.

Kind of miss the old anti-piracy days of funky non-photocopyable symbol sheets and "enter the tenth word of page 3 in the manual"...ah, my lost youth.Weeping
22-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:- Actual console paymentplans with Xbox live subscriptions. WTF! Miss a payment and the thing stops working?

wow wow wow wow back the crazy train up a few stations please.
What?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
22-05-2013, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2013 07:32 PM by DeepThought.)
(22-05-2013 07:05 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:- Actual console paymentplans with Xbox live subscriptions. WTF! Miss a payment and the thing stops working?

wow wow wow wow back the crazy train up a few stations please.
What?

I wouldn't be so dramatic about this... it sounds like a phone contract but for a games console. I suspect your live account would be suspended but your console will keep working.

Like a phone provider, you wont be able to make calls but your phone will still work. Of course you owe them money, so they might be able to reposses your xbox or start hounding you for payments.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
22-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Meh. Looks boring as fuck. My 360 is 5 months old, I'll keep running with it. Thumbsup

With Steam, consoles should be raising the bar. From what I've seen, they ain't doing it. :/

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-05-2013, 08:31 PM
You don't need to subscribe, the console will still work fine. However, you will need to register games on your system, so you will need internet access. Any used games, or games you bring to a friends house will require a fee to install... And its not a transfer fee either, apparently its to buy the game.