New Xbox?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2013, 01:53 AM
RE: New Xbox?
(22-05-2013 04:23 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Oh noes! Used games are being taxed and/or blocked entirely!

Who really cares? This is how I see it:

Consoles:
NEW game (unused) - $50 - $60
NEW game (used) - $45 - $55
RECENT game (unused) - $40 - 50
RECENT game (used) - $35 - 45
OLD game (unused) - $20 - $30
OLD game (used) - $15 - $25

I could be wrong, but it seems that you usually save $5 when buying used...

Over the last week, I bought 4 AAA games on Steam. None of them were older than July 2012, and I paid less than $50 total. Download is the future anyway.

Well, maybe where you are from.
But new games here are abou 70 euros.
Used games top at 40 euros.
And old used games go from 5 to 15 euros.

And I don't make a lot of money.
Also, it's about the principle: I have the right to do with my property what I want.
If I want to sell a product I have treated with care then I have the right to.
Screwing up the free market like that.... Isn't it un-american?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-05-2013, 02:55 AM
(22-05-2013 07:29 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Meh. Looks boring as fuck. My 360 is 5 months old, I'll keep running with it. Thumbsup

With Steam, consoles should be raising the bar. From what I've seen, they ain't doing it. :/

I just can't see you playing xbox..
But then again I can't see any old people playing xbox, too weird.

As for this pay thing, I'm confused.
So, you buy the game and register it to your account, like Steam for example I have all my total war games registered to my account, and as such if you don't pay your xbox live account fee you wont be able to play these games registered to your account or you will be?
There must be a way to play it offline, or online but without having to buy xbox live?
Like maybe you can't play multiplayer or get achievements etc...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
23-05-2013, 04:51 PM
(23-05-2013 02:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 07:29 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Meh. Looks boring as fuck. My 360 is 5 months old, I'll keep running with it. Thumbsup

With Steam, consoles should be raising the bar. From what I've seen, they ain't doing it. :/

I just can't see you playing xbox..
But then again I can't see any old people playing xbox, too weird.

As for this pay thing, I'm confused.
So, you buy the game and register it to your account, like Steam for example I have all my total war games registered to my account, and as such if you don't pay your xbox live account fee you wont be able to play these games registered to your account or you will be?
There must be a way to play it offline, or online but without having to buy xbox live?
Like maybe you can't play multiplayer or get achievements etc...

I think the console requires an internet connection when you first install the game, to register it on your console.

After which, you can play it in online or offline mode. (I dont actually know though)

Since anyone who installs the game afterward will need to pay for it, it will likely only need to access the net on first install. I doubt that the games will require always-on.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
23-05-2013, 04:57 PM
welp. The xbox is dead to me. Guess I'll go get a Wii U. Play me up some Pikmin 3.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
23-05-2013, 04:59 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2013 05:16 PM by Free Thought.)
Wii U isn't bad.

It certainly has an interesting base idea.

But that is a completely different topic.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-05-2013, 12:32 AM

Silly Xbox.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
24-05-2013, 01:52 AM
(23-05-2013 04:51 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I think the console requires an internet connection when you first install the game, to register it on your console.

After which, you can play it in online or offline mode. (I dont actually know though)

Since anyone who installs the game afterward will need to pay for it, it will likely only need to access the net on first install. I doubt that the games will require always-on.

Actually, it requires a once per 24 hours connection, so it will know if you quickly gave the disc to someone else.

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft (or other corporations) to put in a backdoor wi-fi that looks for hotspots, either.
If you purpously do not let it connect to a network, it might connect anyway just to check up on the DRM status.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
24-05-2013, 02:17 AM
They're really going balls out to stop second hand gaming huh?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
24-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Microsoft has been approaching business more and more like Apple in recent years with their brand protection. I am not surprised that the Xbox One reveal was shit. I won't be surprised when PS4 is astronomically expensive though. It may have slightly better hardware, but for what? Unlike PCs, one cannot just remove the hardware of a console and replace it. These consoles won't even be up-to-date when they are released, or if they can compete with gaming PCs, will do so for about five months and be surpassed again. Hardware is not a huge issue with consoles unless it is groundbreaking, which from what I have read about the PS4, will not be as nearly powerful as I would have hoped.

My new parts for my PC came a few months ago, and I will continue to enjoy it. I hope these companies pay more mind to their large base of console exclusive gamers.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
24-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Man, why does gaming have to be so complecated these day.
No, don't tell me, I know. Money.

I miss the simple days of gaming.
[+] 1 user Likes MuffinPuffin's post