New Xbox?
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-05-2013, 11:58 AM
RE: New Xbox?
So I just read something on Gamespot that makes me think that Microsoft has some completely different plan for the used game market... Guess we will have to wait until they stop talking like politicians.

Anyway, I was just thinking that with the x86 architecture on both of the new consoles, it would be so easy to make a scalable game and have it released on PC, XBO, and PS4 without much more of an investment.

If these new console games don't come to PC, they're really just saying no to money... Especially XBox One games, since its Microsoft, and the division of system ram / video ram still needs to be defined in those games being made for One, like on PC's. I would understand if PS4 exclusives don't make it to PC, cause its Sony, and the ram is shared between system/video, so it would require some more programming to get it working on PC.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2013, 12:09 PM
(24-05-2013 11:46 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Man, why does gaming have to be so complecated these day.
No, don't tell me, I know. Money.

I miss the simple days of gaming.

There were never any "simplistic days" in the gaming industry. The only reason it seems more prominent is because you hear more about it. Rolleyes

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
24-05-2013, 12:13 PM
(23-05-2013 02:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-05-2013 07:29 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Meh. Looks boring as fuck. My 360 is 5 months old, I'll keep running with it. Thumbsup

With Steam, consoles should be raising the bar. From what I've seen, they ain't doing it. :/

I just can't see you playing xbox..
But then again I can't see any old people playing xbox, too weird.

As for this pay thing, I'm confused.
So, you buy the game and register it to your account, like Steam for example I have all my total war games registered to my account, and as such if you don't pay your xbox live account fee you wont be able to play these games registered to your account or you will be?
There must be a way to play it offline, or online but without having to buy xbox live?
Like maybe you can't play multiplayer or get achievements etc...

That's fucked up. Although I got Gold on my account, kinda automagically...

But if they're playing this kinda game, I don't see an argument to not use Steam.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post