Do you have any?

Here's mine Wink

[Image: funny-gif-loading-artist-comics-resolution-new-year.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like jennybee's post
04-12-2016, 06:42 PM
RE: New Year's Resolutions
(04-12-2016 06:32 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Do you have any?

Here's mine Wink

[Image: funny-gif-loading-artist-comics-resolution-new-year.gif]

That hits home. One year I resolved to stop wasting so much time on the internet, and promptly wasted most of New Year's Day on the internet!

Tongue

In general, I don't do New Year's resolutions anymore. I resolve every day to be a better person than I was yesterday, but that's an incremental process, and it sometimes goes the wrong way. Nothing magic will happen on New Year's Day. It will be a struggle against my darker and uglier side like any other day.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
04-12-2016, 07:14 PM
I'd never heard of New Year's Resolutions until I was a Junior in college. Crazy but true.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-12-2016, 07:34 PM
I just want to get married already, been together 9 years, engaged 3, and out of excuses, we're in great shape, got the money, got the time, hopefully Trump doesn't start WWIII and we both die but I'm determined, I don't care if we have to crawl over corpses and burning cars, we're getting to city hall, we're signing the damn papers and exchanging rings...and we're gonna move into a new house. That's pretty much all I have for 2017.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like SitaSky's post
04-12-2016, 07:35 PM
Work on the same previous resolutions from last year.
[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
04-12-2016, 07:41 PM
But really, I should read more stuff. I also still want to get better at chess.
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
04-12-2016, 07:49 PM
Nothing huge.

Making some minor adjustments to my fitness routine. Still hitting my French studies pretty hard.

I'll continue trying to gather clues as to where we might be deploying next so that can be a consideration as to the next language I turn my attention to. I'll be at least familiarizing myself with Swahili through Duolingo.com since their course is supposed to open by the end of January. Easy way to learn the basics without too much of a time commitment. As an alternative, I'd been dabbling in Chipewyan and Inuktitut before I got laid off from my remote security gig at the diamond mine up north. I'd like to get back into that just in case I stumble across another opportunity for work at that (if it opens back up) or other isolated sites across Canada. My current job pays pretty good, but I Censored hate working within the correctional system.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
04-12-2016, 07:58 PM
Without trying to sound like a buzzkill, I don't need a designated day of the year to make myself a better person, I just do it.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
04-12-2016, 08:07 PM
(04-12-2016 07:58 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Without trying to sound like a buzzkill, I don't need a designated day of the year to make myself a better person, I just do it.

You don't but look at all those other people. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
04-12-2016, 08:10 PM
Several years ago I resolved not to make any more New Years Resolutions.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post